Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 20:01   #1
God Member

Barlows Aquatics

Been today for the first time ever, and i dont think i'll be going again, its tiny, you can hardly move as you go in the door, the bloke that works there had kindly placed a pair of step ladders behind the door and even reece had to move out the way when he wanted to go past him with them, was the other shop they had as small as that
Old 03-01-2007, 20:15   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Barlows Aquatics

Not been in the new shop, the old one was small. Giles' knowledge is excellent and I always found them helpful and friendly.
Old 03-01-2007, 20:19   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Not been in the new shop, the old one was small. Giles' knowledge is excellent and I always found them helpful and friendly.

i think they need to display the fish a bit better, us short arses couldnt see the top ones, you need stilts to see them, if you got more than 4 people in there at the same time it could be a fire hazzard
Old 03-01-2007, 20:26   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

If they have a fire they have plenty of water to put it out . Or they could wait and sell boiled fish butties
Old 03-01-2007, 20:28   #5
God Member

lol ya daft get
Old 03-01-2007, 20:48   #6
God Member

What's the prices like Flashy?
Old 03-01-2007, 20:50   #7
God Member

the prices are pretty good actually, but it depends on how well the fish are
Old 03-01-2007, 20:56   #8
God Member

Gonna have a look down myself soon
Old 03-01-2007, 20:57   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
Gonna have a look down myself soon

well if i had problems seeing the fish you'll be worse, get eebo to put you on his shoulders, you might stand a chance then
Old 04-01-2007, 00:17   #10
God Member

I ahve to agree... about the layout, dont take your kids or a pram.. and the top shelf stuff (ooer) is too high for anyone to see. i had hoped that was all a bit temporary while they get the main inside done..... well i hope thats the case
Old 04-01-2007, 20:42   #11
God Member

went to aquascope in great harwood today and bought some gorgeous guppies, really colourful and dead cheap
Old 04-01-2007, 21:32   #12
God Member

i think barlowes needs a bigger shark in order to compete cus thats all a lot go for to see the big shark in harwood
Old 04-01-2007, 21:37   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
i think barlowes needs a bigger shark in order to compete cus thats all a lot go for to see the big shark in harwood
They used to have a nice Red Tail Cat Fish at BSA in Bolton ( I think it's called BSA). Then again there used to be a very nice lady with a small aquatic shop in Crawshawbooth as well. I think people only went in to see the owner not the fish
Old 05-01-2007, 16:15   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
They used to have a nice Red Tail Cat Fish at BSA in Bolton ( I think it's called BSA). Then again there used to be a very nice lady with a small aquatic shop in Crawshawbooth as well. I think people only went in to see the owner not the fish

ah i used to live near crawshawbooth..(Loveclough)..i go to the little fish shop in Bolton quite a bit, been to the big one too

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..