Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2009, 22:24   #1
God Member

Blackpool .....Just like the old days.

I know Blacjkpool isnt everyones cup of tea and after many years of a rapid decline due to Hen and stags etc it was good to see that all the money and work they have ploughed into the resort over the last couple of years is finally paying off.

This week it has been heaving in the resort but today it was the Airshow and omg, the crowds were huge.

I cant remember every seeing blackpool so busy since I was really small and even then dont think I saw it like this.

Hope it can hold onto the crowds for years to come. Picture 036.jpg

Picture 037.jpg

Picture 041.jpg
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2009, 22:29   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Blackpool .....Just like the old days.

I was there for the lights last October and it was well quiet. It's so nice to see that it's picking up now as I love Blackpool.

Thanks for posting the photos x

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 22:34   #3
God Member

Long time sine I've seen the beach so busy, lets hope it carries on. I love Blackpool and when Ian's sister was here the other year it was a "must visit" place. We had a great day out over there, happy days
Old 09-08-2009, 23:02   #4
God Member

i think what they have done to the prom makes a whole lotta difference, as i was saying in the thread i posted the other week, Blackpool front is looking really nice, great pics Mel
Old 09-08-2009, 23:04   #5
God Member

I agree its a great place I love it too. more so since the new sea front is materialising, It really is looking good. It was chocca from south pier to central. and that was just on the new sea defence steps . It was also like that on the prom it self , Just so great to see
Old 09-08-2009, 23:12   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

glad its pickin up, we stayed twice this year n really enjoyed it. don't think it will ever be like the owd "Wakes Weeks" mel, cos no-one hardly could afford to go abroad then. think a minus is the fact they now charge to go on pleasure beach, think will prevent families wi kids goin to a degree, twas the death knell fer southport when they did it wi pleasureland.

Last edited by cashman; 09-08-2009 at 23:17.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 00:09   #7
white rabbits

We went to the Air Show today,The Red Arrows were brilliant as always,,,,We only went as far as Bispham but it was heaving there too...lovely weather too
Old 10-08-2009, 00:11   #8
God Member

In a way I agree cashy . I ve been against that charge from the start , however My lad got a 2 4 1 offer and took me down the other day and I couldnt believe just how busy it was in there.

everyone seemed happy to pay and all the rides were buzzin. makes me question if what they have done is right because its the first time ive been round and not been faling over gangs of little chavs spouting thier mouths off , so bonus on that line. keeps them out hence more family friendly.

They even put some water fountains in there so the kids can play as if they were on the beach
They were busy and the kids were lovin em. even got those walk in dryers too.

I was pretty impressed to say the least.
Old 10-08-2009, 00:17   #9
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
In a way I agree cashy . I ve been against that charge from the start , however My lad got a 2 4 1 offer and took me down the other day and I couldnt believe just how busy it was in there.

everyone seemed happy to pay and all the rides were buzzin. makes me question if what they have done is right because its the first time ive been round and not been faling over gangs of little chavs spouting thier mouths off , so bonus on that line. keeps them out hence more family friendly.

They even put some water fountains in there so the kids can play as if they were on the beach
They were busy and the kids were lovin em. even got those walk in dryers too.

I was pretty impressed to say the least.
i think it is just pure greed,,,i wouldnt dream of going now
Old 10-08-2009, 00:22   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

just my thoughts mel, i aint been on though since they started charging, we usually have a walk around, maybe a brew n summat to eat there, instead we used the cafe just before crescent court wi the conference centre in it, been done up very nice, must be quite a few don't go on rides- eat n drink elsewhere now i reckon. i went on the Big One fer me 50th was planning to go on again fer me 65th, so will have to see now.
Old 10-08-2009, 00:23   #11

this is Blackpool at its best

Report - Blackpool Tower, Lancashire - August 09 - UK Urban Exploration Forums

hats off to these guy's, safety first as well... what a truly magnificent feat...EPIC pictures too...

just to add I was at the air show today, the Red Arrows did an awesome show as always...and the lady wing walker was good to watch to

Last edited by odders; 10-08-2009 at 00:30.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 00:32   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

good pics, would be better in over 18s though.
Old 10-08-2009, 00:37   #13
God Member

I would never have payed had my lad not had the offer . as it happened it was a cheap day for us . Still I do agree it does kybosh it a little for those of us who did just enjoy walking round.

Be interesting to see if it stays or not.
Old 10-08-2009, 00:37   #14

yeah sorry...I can't post in there, and the posters on that forum do use course language, I will edit the post if I can...

well I can't so BE WARNED SWEARING APPEARS IN THE LINK ABOVE,but the photo's are why I posted the link...

Last edited by odders; 10-08-2009 at 00:41.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:13   #15

We also went blackpool yesterday with the red arrows on and yes thousands were there.never seen so many at blackpool.the new steps all down the beach were heaving and it loooked like packed stands at a football match.
popping into the manchester pub on the front for a coke,had no chance!! bar too packed
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..