Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2008, 19:58   #46
God Member

Re: Carry On Smoking.

Think the smoking ban has had a counteracting effect this proves it & when your thrust outside with yer ciggys it becomes quite a social meeting place, u talk to more people than ever now - us smokies with a common cause heehehee i got talking to more people stuck outside or in smokers areas so think its had an adverse effect on negative stigmastation, i suppose theres more room in the actual pubs these days, must be more people outside....outside is the place to be ...roll on summer smokers place & im part of the community

Tho footy can be hard without a fag tho at tense moments, more rowdier

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-06-2008, 21:49   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
they'll be banning that next...
Please don't say that there have already been moaning letters in the press.
Old 03-06-2008, 22:01   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Think the smoking ban has had a counteracting effect this proves it & when your thrust outside with yer ciggys it becomes quite a social meeting place, u talk to more people than ever now - us smokies with a common cause heehehee i got talking to more people stuck outside or in smokers areas so think its had an adverse effect on negative stigmastation, i suppose theres more room in the actual pubs these days, must be more people outside....outside is the place to be ...roll on summer smokers place & im part of the community

Tho footy can be hard without a fag tho at tense moments, more rowdier
Yes, your right there, that is what is happening. I have got talking to people that I wouldn't have got chatting to through the smoking ban.
And as I have said before, friends who don't smoke, but don't want to be sat on there own always come outside with us smokers

I noticed on the Great harwood webcam on saturday, there must have been at least 20 people stood outside the pub across the road!! and they stayed there til closing..... must have been a barrel of laughs in that pub eh??

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 22:33   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
they'll be banning that next...
Yep.........Sex......dirty habit........makes your eyes water.

What is the future?
We will allow the people of Britain to indulge...once a month.
This will ensure the sustainability and keep the economy of the UK on an even keel.
We have banned smoking in pubs and managed to close a lot of establishments where the dirty habits were prevelent.
We have introduced the 20p tax to ensure that the working man no longer enjoys his pint and a fag.
We will continue to give thousands of pounds in Foreign Aid to support the likes of Robert Magabi........Because we like him?
We dont take Law and Order seriously....Policemen cost money.
We need more money to squander....We want to know 'how many children brush their teeth every day'?
Criminals....yeh we know who they are but if we arrest them some 'Mamby Pamby Magistrate will free them on bail......so what's the point?
Muggers, Burglers.......no problem....allow them to commit 100 offences and then send them to the 'Pokey'
Where the hell are we going wrong?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:37   #50

Going back to what you were saying Stanleymad, I think this has been true for ages...

My last office based role was at a Head office in Bury with about 600 people there. We used to have set cigarette breaks (obviously not all smoked), and one smoking corner. The amount of business that got done in that 10 min break was amazing. Everyone was relaxed (of course, they had nicotine!), you could speak to people face to face instead of leaving voicemails or emails, it was great. I probably got more internal work cleared up during the two daily breaks than I did in the rest of the 8 hours I was there!!

It even got to the point where non-smokers started coming outside as well. What was best was when the directors were in the boardroom trying to decide on a strategy for a new tender, i nipped out for a fag, caught up with purchasing manager, and we sorted the problem over a couple of regal!
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:39   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Yep.........Sex......dirty habit........makes your eyes water.

What is the future?
We will allow the people of Britain to indulge...once a month.
This will ensure the sustainability and keep the economy of the UK on an even keel.
We have banned smoking in pubs and managed to close a lot of establishments where the dirty habits were prevelent.
We have introduced the 20p tax to ensure that the working man no longer enjoys his pint and a fag.
We will continue to give thousands of pounds in Foreign Aid to support the likes of Robert Magabi........Because we like him?
We dont take Law and Order seriously....Policemen cost money.
We need more money to squander....We want to know 'how many children brush their teeth every day'?
Criminals....yeh we know who they are but if we arrest them some 'Mamby Pamby Magistrate will free them on bail......so what's the point?
Muggers, Burglers.......no problem....allow them to commit 100 offences and then send them to the 'Pokey'
Where the hell are we going wrong?
I know whats goign on. The Government are trying to evict us from teh country so they can enjoy it to themselves. Kinda like constructive dismissal but a country not a job lol
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 21:41   #52
Loz

i would like to join the club!
I enjoy smoking despite what some people might say and will give up if and when i choose to!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..