Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 07:38   #1
God Member

cat carriers?

I've recently somehow acquired a little female kitten and i'm after a cat carrier for her for when i take her to be 'done' at the vets, does anyone know anywhere in Accy that sells them at a reasonable price? i've seen them in Aquamania in Blackburn for £18 but could do with one a bit cheaper if anyone knows of anywhere, i'm not after borrowing one from anyone, i need to buy one

any advice would be much appreciated....thankyouuuuuu
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2012, 08:34   #2
Beacon of light

Re: cat carriers?

You can sometimes get them cheaply on the flea market, but if you buy one secondhand, it would be wise to give it a thorough cleaning out(I'm pretty sure you would do this anyway).
I hope you and kitty get on well together....I'm just a bit envious. I love kittens.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:37   #3
God Member

i'm going into Accrington in a bit to look on the flea market Marg, i have the disinfectant at the ready
She's lovely, had her for 3 weeks now, i'm not a cat person but i've taken to her really well, she's pure white and very VERY funny, especially when she's been playing with her cat nip toy, she loves playing football with me too, i bought her a cat harness and lead last week, i don't want her going out on her own until she's been 'done'
Old 11-03-2012, 09:02   #4
God Member

One of the girls at work got one from Argos this week, she said they were reduced - she got the smallest one for just over a tenner or there was one a bit bigger for about 13 quid - depends if they still have them in stock but might be worth a look
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:08   #5
God Member

ooo cheers accymad, never thought about argos, i'll have a look now
Old 11-03-2012, 11:06   #6
Resting In Peace

Good luck with this Flashy, if you can't get one at Argos there are several buy it nows on ebay which work out at about £15 if you add in the postage

cat carrier | eBay

I'm slightly envious though I do prefer adult cats to kittens. For 35 years we always had at least one cat, usually two, sometimes three. Our last one died in October and we have not got another as we want to go travelling for long periods in a couple of years when my partner retires, and it would be difficult to leave a cat behind or find a carer. Though we have seen folks on campsites with their cats on a lead, even cage birds as well!

I have heard that white cats can have some genetic peculiarities like some can be deaf and some have eyes of different colours. Be interesting to see if yours has! It'll also be interesting to see how she takes to the lead.

Whatever, I hope she gives you lots of pleasure - enjoy!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:21   #7
God Member

Her eyes are different colours, one blue and one yellow, hence the name we gave her....Bella
Old 11-03-2012, 12:25   #8
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Her eyes are different colours, one blue and one yellow, hence the name we gave her....Bella
She sounds delightful...
Old 11-03-2012, 12:27   #9
God Member

I have a cat carrier I no longer need and you can have it free.
...but... it is at the very back of my landing storeroom, so to get it I need to empty some stuff out.
Right now I am just about coping with the disruption that roof repairs have caused, and will be having cleaners sort my flat out during the next week.

If you can wait a couple of weeks it can be yours

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:49   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
i don't want her going out on her own until she's been 'done'
Is that not double standards shaz? I bet you did.
Old 11-03-2012, 14:23   #11
God Member

Oh Margaret i've only just read this, bought one for £12.99 from Wilkinsons, thankyou very much anyway, i am waiting for the cats protection to get back in touch with me thats why i needed one so soon
Old 11-03-2012, 14:50   #12
God Member

Quote:
Oh Margaret i've only just read this, bought one for £12.99 from Wilkinsons, thankyou very much anyway, i am waiting for the cats protection to get back in touch with me thats why i needed one so soon
In a way I am relieved
..you wouldn't believe what bulky heavy stuff I would need to shift to get at it.

Glad you are sorted.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 14:59   #13
God Member

Oh i would believe it Margaret, you want to see what bulky heavy stuff is under my stairs, i think i'd find Narnia if i was ever to get to the back of it
Old 11-03-2012, 15:17   #14
Beacon of light

I have one like that too Shaz......in fact I'm scared to get to the bottom of it.....I'm not sure what I would find.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 15:27   #15
God Member

I have a couple of prams and allsorts under there, i clear it out every couple of years...then fill it again

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..