Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2003, 10:29   #1
Senior Member+

Post CHRISTMAS RIP OFF'S

Why should we all have to pay extra money for taxi's at christmas and the new year, when most taxi firms in accy are asian and do not celebrate the christian festival. one big rip off.
Old 21-12-2003, 10:38   #2
God Member

Post Re: CHRISTMAS RIP OFF'S

Simple answer is not to use them. Stick to your local hostelry for a drink and tell friends and relatives you won't be going to see 'em over Christmas and you won't be expecting them either....If everyone did that, then the Taxi firms would soon get the message and drop their rates to normal levels.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2003, 13:21   #3
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I also object to having to pay to get in pubs at Christmas, especially as they make enough money already. Tend to stick to parties these days ( and crash over on the floor/settee/dog basket...) ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2003, 13:33   #4
God Member

Hence the poem:

My name is Lettee
I kip on the settee
It used to be the floor
but not any more
but occaisionally it's a dog basket, for me!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2003, 22:30   #5

wow teas a poet and didnt know it  
happyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2003, 20:29   #6
Junior Member+

taxis should charge MORE at xmas having to transport morons and retards all over accy, ive seen them. they come over to you in the pub talking when you just want a quiet drink.
Old 24-12-2003, 21:39   #7
Junior Member+

I know....last christmas I was proping up the bar when some drunk from Rishton arrived outside in the cab, staggered in with a half-eaten meat pie in his gob and then vomited up the other half togeather with 8 pints of Carlsberg all the way down my left trouser leg...
Shef.Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2003, 23:12   #8
Accy Goddess

Oh, yuk.
There is nothing worse than vomit. we were at a party one year and my Daughter vomited all the way down my new boots. Then I had to sit with a sick bowl on my knee trying to keep her long hair out of it.
I will never forget that day has long has I live.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2003, 13:57   #9
Junior Member+

When was this Anne - last week?
Shef.Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2003, 14:16   #10

I have had some experience of the taxi trade, I could write several chapters on the subject but I won't.
There are a few things to remember....Private Hire and Public Hire are not the same.
Private hire taxis have to be pre booked through the taxi office, prices should be displayed in the vehicle, anyone who gets in a private hire taxi that has not been pre booked will probably find that you are uninsured if you need to make a claim against the driver if involved in any accident.
Public hire or Hackney carriages can be flagged down in the street and should display the prices, the meter should be used at all times unless you make an agreement about the price of the hire before you set of on your journey.
We used to have an enforcement officer for the Taxi trade in the borough but now the post has to my knowledge disappeared.
We do need an enforcement officer.....
I had a scary taxi ride a few months back, the driver never slowed down when he came to any of the junctions, I questioned him about this and his reply was " we just look for headlights" I woz gob smacked!
I don't use taxis any more, save yourself a fortune, walk or buy a pushbike.
As Janet said “why should we have to pay double bubble at Christmas time” when I was involved in the hackney trade we charged standard rate, we were not sat on the rank all night, we were very busy….we got some great tips and everyone was happy.

B.
Old 25-12-2003, 21:20   #11

whats a taxi ?
happyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2003, 11:59   #12
Filthy / Gorgeous

The beer scooter usually gets me home eventually

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 27-12-2003, 09:06   #13
Senior Member+

What's a beer scooter lettie. ???
Old 27-12-2003, 17:14   #14
Filthy / Gorgeous

;D  The beer scooter is the magical device which gets you home safely after a skinful of ale. when you wake up hungover in your own bed and wonder how you got home. It was the beer scooter. ;D

Old 28-12-2003, 09:44   #15
Senior Member+

Thank you lettie. I should have known the answer to that one, always wondered how i managed to get home.  [smiley=worthy.gif]

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..