Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2010, 19:32   #1
I am Banned

E Bay

Got this from Ross Web, thought it was good enough to be on here.
Retlaw
URGENT HELP NEEDED

Does anyone know how to cancel a bid on eBay?

Yesterday I put in a 99p bid for a “Cowboy Outfit” and now it seems I'm only six minutes away from owning the British Government!

Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2010, 19:35   #2
God Member

Re: E Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Got this from Ross Web, thought it was good enough to be on here.
Retlaw
URGENT HELP NEEDED

Does anyone know how to cancel a bid on eBay?

Yesterday I put in a 99p bid for a “Cowboy Outfit” and now it seems I'm only six minutes away from owning the British Government!
Poor sod, the rest of us got it for nowt
Old 10-08-2010, 19:40   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: E Bay

If I was him I'd pay up and enter it as a selling item myself, theres bound to be a loyal tory out there prepared to put his money where his brains should be.

It's got to be easier than going through this lot:-

Can I retract or cancel my bid?

When you place a bid or use "Buy It Now", you enter a binding contract.

It is possible for you to cancel a bid you've placed before the end of an auction, but only in the exceptional circumstances listed below. Please note that the number of times you've retracted a bid is displayed in your feedback profile.

It's against eBay rules to withdraw from a purchase after the listing has ended. Learn more about what you can do after the end of the listing.

To cancel a bid, fill in the Bid Retraction form. You’ll be asked to provide a reason why you'd like to cancel your bid. The available reasons are:

Entered wrong amount

Seller changed item description

Cannot contact the seller

Important: Your seller can object to the reason you gave for retracting the bid. For example:

You cancel a bid because you entered the wrong amount, but subsequently don't place another bid with the correct amount. In this case your seller may report that your retraction reason was invalid. We may then take action on your account if we also feel the retraction was invalid.

See Invalid Bid Retraction for more information about what counts as invalid bid retraction and what action we may take.

Note: If you need to cancel a bid quickly because it was placed by someone using your password without your authorisation, please choose "Entered Wrong Amount" as your retraction reason, then let us know about the account theft so we can investigate.

Timing Matters

Up to twelve hours before the end of the listing: All bids you've placed on that item will be automatically cancelled when you submit the form.

During the last twelve hours of the listing: Your most recent bid will be automatically cancelled, as long as you placed it in the last hour. If you want to cancel a bid you placed more than an hour ago, please ask the seller to cancel your bid. eBay can't cancel your bid for you.

Why aren’t there more bid retraction reasons on the bid retraction form?

Every bid on eBay is binding (unless the item is listed in a category under the Non-Binding Bid Policy or the transaction is prohibited by law or by eBay's User Agreement). You should only bid on multiple identical items if you intend to buy all of the items. We always advise that you read the item description and check the seller's feedback carefully before bidding or using "Buy It Now". If you have any questions about a listing, contact the seller by going to the View Item page and clicking on the "Ask Seller a Question" link.

We investigate reports of invalid bid retractions thoroughly. Sellers and other bidders can be seriously inconvenienced by retracted bids.

What if you have a different reason for wanting to retract your bid?

If you want to withdraw your bid for any other reason than those given above (for example, a family member placed the bid using your account or you simply changed your mind), please explain the situation to your seller in the first instance. It's up to the seller whether they choose to cancel your bid for you. If they don't cancel your bid and you subsequently win the item but don't pay for it, the seller may file an Unpaid Item Dispute against you.

If someone has fraudulently placed a bid using your User ID and password, please cancel the bid by choosing "Entered Wrong Amount" as your retraction reason, then let us know about the account theft so we can investigate.

What if the auction (or Buy It Now listing) has ended?

If the listing has ended and you’d like to withdraw from the purchase for any reason, you should explain the situation to your seller and ask them to agree to mutual withdrawal from the sale.

If they agree, they can file an Unpaid Item Dispute and state that you both agreed to withdraw from the sale. They’ll then receive a credit for the fees they were charged when you won the item. In addition, as long as they state you both agreed to withdraw from the sale, and you confirm this when asked by eBay, you won't get an Unpaid Item Strike against your account.

Ask Other eBay Members – the Community Answer Centre

You can get help from other eBay members by using the eBay Answer Centre. Designed for fast questions and answers rather than discussion, the Answer Centre is a member-to-member forum where eBay members can ask questions, give answers, and share information about eBay. You can also search for your answers from previous postings.

Learn more about the Answer Center or visit the Answer Centre Board for Bidding.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..