Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2011, 12:12   #1
I am Banned

Ground Breaking News

Special for Cashy & Jaysay.
Government ground breaking news.
To save the economy;

As from 1st December 2011 the PM will announce that he is ordering the immigration department to start deporting old people (instead of illegals) in order to lower Social Security and NHS costs.

Old people are easier to catch, and most will not remember how to get back home!

I started crying when I thought of you two.

Run you old buggers Run

Well..... Someone sent it to me and I'm not going alone.

Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-11-2011, 12:17   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Ground Breaking News

I think I might just phone up to see if I can go now....as long as it is to Oz......they can deport me there anytime they want.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 14:49   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think I might just phone up to see if I can go now....as long as it is to Oz......they can deport me there anytime they want.
I deported myself over 40 years ago ... 44 years, 2 months, and 26 days to be exact, and never once have I had any regrets ... I actually flipped a coin to see where I was going to go ... Heads, Australia ... tails, Canada ... not much of a gamble; more like a win-win situation. Nothing against the Aussies, but I think the coin made a great choice by landing "tails". But, if it had been heads, it would have been just as great.

Good news is though ... Maggie Thatcher will be in the first transport ... along with jaysay, who can hold her hand and receive the wisdom of toryism from its greatest modern practitioner
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 15:51   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I deported myself over 40 years ago ... 44 years, 2 months, and 26 days to be exact, and never once have I had any regrets ... I actually flipped a coin to see where I was going to go ... Heads, Australia ... tails, Canada ...
Any room left over there?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 16:01   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Any room left over there?
Considering our population density is 3.41 per sq. km ... maybe
Old 28-11-2011, 16:03   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Considering our population density is 3.41 per sq. km ... maybe
I get a whole 3.41 sq.km. to myself? I've started packing, which bit do I get?
Old 28-11-2011, 16:37   #7
Senior Member+

Sorry, Eric, got that the wrong way round.Actually it sounds a bit crowded, I'll think about it.
Old 28-11-2011, 18:00   #8
Resting in Peace

I wish I'd have carried on with my plans to sod of abroad in the sixties, but I got wed instead, mug
Old 29-11-2011, 17:21   #9

I deported myself too.....to Australia in 1970....been back for trips 5 times.My first trip back in 1981 I walked into my old local and found the same guys sitting in the same chairs they always sat in....and their comment was....Eeee lad,haven't seen you for a while!!!!!......
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 17:49   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentedbutslow View Post
I deported myself too.....to Australia in 1970....been back for trips 5 times.My first trip back in 1981 I walked into my old local and found the same guys sitting in the same chairs they always sat in....and their comment was....Eeee lad,haven't seen you for a while!!!!!......
Ya wouldn't be able to do the today TBS, all the bloody pubs have gone
Old 30-11-2011, 00:16   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I wish I'd have carried on with my plans to sod of abroad in the sixties, but I got wed instead, mug
You know bud, Canada isn't really "abroad" ... it aint hard for a Brit to feel at home here ... figure that Australia has to be similar. Hey, when Britain needs true friends in the world, who are you gonna call.
Old 30-11-2011, 04:35   #12
I am Banned

i deported myself 6 years ago,I dont miss the weather,the warm beer or the crap transport systems.
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 08:54   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan7554 View Post
i deported myself 6 years ago,I dont miss the weather,the warm beer or the crap transport systems.
Warm beer alan, you were going in the wrong pubs mate

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..