Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2006, 14:29   #1
I am Banned

Exclamation Happy Friday the 13th!

Happy friday the 13th!!! Luckily been unscathed so far as bad luck is concerned but i think its the only day off from it i get so suppose its luckier for me lol

Have you all escaped from the bad luck superstition or has it caught up with you?
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-10-2006, 15:19   #2
God Member

Re: Happy Friday the 13th!

Guess it's been an unlucky day for me having given notice to quit our house and then seen the responses to a different thread about areas of Accrington.

Better sit down and discuss schools again with my daughter I think !!
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 15:25   #3
God Member

Theres nowt unlucky about it, all the best people are born on Friday the 13th

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 15:39   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave
Guess it's been an unlucky day for me having given notice to quit our house and then seen the responses to a different thread about areas of Accrington.

Better sit down and discuss schools again with my daughter I think !!
Well you never know till you move, people said up ere was really rough & bad - errr been here 5 years on the 2nd next mnth - record stayed in house i've had without moving, yet the area that i lived before was good rep then turned bad so cant really base it on perception till you live there LOL

Just thought i've lived in some rough areas in tother town yet apart from the odd thing once a week - handy for nosey people like me in fact 3 areas were when u told people where u lived they'd eek with disgust & pity & the 1 area that had no rep classed ok/nice quiet was the worst ever place in fact moss side would of been more appealing than that lol

Last edited by accymel; 13-10-2006 at 15:50.
Old 13-10-2006, 15:40   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H
Theres nowt unlucky about it, all the best people are born on Friday the 13th
Yeah i bet thats cool so no jokey pressies today then KSH??
Old 13-10-2006, 17:52   #6

theres nothing bad a bout friday the 13th its just another day but they be a lot of folk like your self any way i hope its not to bad for you enjoy the rest of it there,s only five more hours left of it
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 17:54   #7
Senior Member+

People tend to remember the bad things that happen to them on Friday the 13th. If something happened to them on any other day, then i doubt that they'd even think twice about it.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 18:01   #8
God Member

Rock FM's gag this morning The DJ started off by offering one of the girls in the office with him a fiver to break a mirror. She wouldn't do it cus she said it was a pretty mirror (how girlie is that ) Eventually the money he's offering gets to £500 so another girl in the office says "give it here I'll smash it for £500" . That's when the DJ told her that her 7 years of bad luck had started cus he didn't hve £500 ................ Well it tickled me anyway
Old 13-10-2006, 18:03   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Rock FM's gag this morning The DJ started off by offering one of the girls in the office with him a fiver to break a mirror. She wouldn't do it cus she said it was a pretty mirror (how girlie is that ) Eventually the money he's offering gets to £500 so another girl in the office says "give it here I'll smash it for £500" . That's when the DJ told her that her 7 years of bad luck had started cus he didn't hve £500 ................ Well it tickled me anyway
Pmsl!!!! glad i dont work for rock fm pmsl
Old 13-10-2006, 18:03   #10
Give, give, give member

I've had a great day...so far.

The forgotten treasures of a young artist come to light, then the dentist says I don't need any work.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 18:05   #11
Senior Member+

I had a crap day at work,does that count?
Old 13-10-2006, 18:07   #12
I am Banned

My day hasn't been too bad either quite impressive cos its every other day but the superstitious ones that get me bad luck pmsl

any ladders i can walk under tommoz ? pmsl
Old 13-10-2006, 18:14   #13
God Member

Well ive not had a bad day upto now (touch wood)....nice sunny day managed to T CUT the caravan and get loadsa jobs done ...ummm quite impressed with this friday 13th
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 18:15   #14
Give, give, give member

Why is Friday the 13th considered unlucky anyway?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 18:29   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Why is Friday the 13th considered unlucky anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
There have been a number of events known as "Black Fridays" in history. Usually, these events are devastating. Some historians propose that the origin of the "Black Friday" was the simultaneous arrest of hundreds of Knights Templars on October 13, 1307 (Friday), to be later tortured into admitting heresy.
More information

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..