Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2013, 07:16   #16
JCB

Re: Happy Spring!

" In the Spring , I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours . " ( Mark Twain ) .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2013, 09:08   #17
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
" In the Spring , I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours . " ( Mark Twain ) .
And may I add " What a lovely day for a White Wedding ! " ?
Old 23-03-2013, 10:09   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
And may I add " What a lovely day for a White Wedding ! " ?
Who do yeh think yeh are? Billy Idol?
Old 23-03-2013, 10:43   #19
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Who do yeh think yeh are? Billy Idol?
I'm here dancing with myself , thinking of Christmas in the USA .
Old 23-03-2013, 12:20   #20

There aren't very many good quotes about Spring so I note.
Anyway I have decided to refuse to believe It's Spring until I stop shivering whilst wearing two vests, a jumper, gloves, a coat two pairs of leggings and boots. Or until the blizzards stop. I want to hibernate!

Last edited by Sunflower49; 23-03-2013 at 12:23.
Sunflower49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 12:27   #21
Senior Member+

Now that Spring is here, and easter weekend approaches, it is the time of year that people take advantage of the long weekend to get out and tidy the garden. Can I wish everyone good luck with that one.
susie123 likes this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 12:28   #22
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
I want to hibernate!
Great idea . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz until we get this .
Old 25-03-2013, 11:42   #23

Quote:
Great idea . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz until we get this .
I have spent enough time with rodents to note that hamsters have the best idea.

'Bit cold isn't it!I'm off for one long as sleep until It isn't anymore, see you in a few months!'

Seriously I am fed up of it now. My parents were practically snowed in for three days of last week.
I am sure it's not just me who's feeling this weather!
I think we had a very short period of 'summer' weather last year but it was very warm later in the year as well-I'm hoping we get a repeat of that coming soon. I've been out for a short run today but the winds were making it seem as if I was running up an opposite-going conveyor belt
I'll stop whinging now-at least we have some SUN today. I'd forgotten what that looked like.
Old 25-03-2013, 12:21   #24
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I have spent enough time with rodents to note that hamsters have the best idea.

'Bit cold isn't it!I'm off for one long as sleep until It isn't anymore, see you in a few months!'
Gotta feel sorry for this little lady...
BBC News - Hamster found during blizzard on Edinburgh street
Old 25-03-2013, 12:39   #25

I'm so glad that was a happy ending!
Hamsters are amazing escape-artists. It's nice to hear that there are nice people out there
Old 25-03-2013, 18:31   #26
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I want to hibernate!
Fortunately I can hibernate at the moment. My last round of chemotherapy treatment really poleaxed me so I've spent a lot of the last two weeks dozing under a nice warm duvet. This was the eleventh and last with this drug so it's been building up for a few months. Now going to have a break so hopefully will bounce back with the weather - but it's been nice and warm here!
Old 25-03-2013, 19:08   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Fortunately I can hibernate at the moment. My last round of chemotherapy treatment really poleaxed me so I've spent a lot of the last two weeks dozing under a nice warm duvet. This was the eleventh and last with this drug so it's been building up for a few months. Now going to have a break so hopefully will bounce back with the weather - but it's been nice and warm here!
Well I hope you recover well but remain poleaxed (I had to look that up!) until necessary and bounce back when the world's bright and cheerful again!

My man had been up in the loft last night and I only noticed today that he hadn't put the cover back on. I've been SO cold all day because of this.I think I might wait until he's up there again later, and then put the cover on myself.
Old 25-03-2013, 19:16   #28
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Well I hope you recover well but remain poleaxed (I had to look that up!) until necessary and bounce back when the world's bright and cheerful again!

My man had been up in the loft last night and I only noticed today that he hadn't put the cover back on. I've been SO cold all day because of this.I think I might wait until he's up there again later, and then put the cover on myself.
Thanks Jen, I'm doing my best but going with the flow and not pushing it too much.

Haha we used to have a loft cover which was draughty as hell whether it was on or off - we put a new one on from Screwfix which was insulated and sealed round the flap and it made such a difference. If you're going to shut him up there for a bit will you take pity on him and leave some food and drink up there for him - dry bread and a bottle of water would do!
Old 25-03-2013, 19:28   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Thanks Jen, I'm doing my best but going with the flow and not pushing it too much.

Haha we used to have a loft cover which was draughty as hell whether it was on or off - we put a new one on from Screwfix which was insulated and sealed round the flap and it made such a difference. If you're going to shut him up there for a bit will you take pity on him and leave some food and drink up there for him - dry bread and a bottle of water would do!
Truly believe the right mindset is a great healer.

This one's fine as it is to be honest, WHEN IT'S ON!!!!!

I really wish I could shut him up there as punishment but, I can't. I wouldn't be half as irked with him for leaving it undone if I could actually do it myself!

It's a huge hole,much larger than a standard sized one- the cover's heavy and it's right at the top of the staircase.

Add the fact that the ceiling on the landing is very high and I'm a foot or so shorter than him and you have a recipe for disaster!
Men.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..