Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2005, 20:59   #1
Beacon of light

Talking Have a laugh.

My sister swears that this story is true........I'm not so sure.

After stopping for a drink at an illegal bar, a Zimbawean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped.
Not wanting to admit his incompetence, he stopped at a couple of bus stops and offered the people who were waiting a free lift......when the bus was full he drove them all to the mental hospital and there he told the staff that these patients were very difficult and were prone to bizarre ideas and outbursts. It was 3 days before the staff at the mental hospital found out what had really happened.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-04-2005, 23:02   #2
white rabbits

Re: Have a laugh.

i think thats very funny,wonder if he got the sack,,and what happened to the real patients..?
Old 28-04-2005, 23:07   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

love it-----------------
Old 29-04-2005, 08:15   #4
Beacon of light

I don't know Granny......maybe they are still running around Harare enjoying their liberty.
My sister is a nurse in Mental health and she believes this story to be true.......I think it is an urban myth.

Just don't take any free lifts off a friendly bus driver.......you never know where you may end up!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2005, 09:07   #5
Senior Member+

lol that was funny even if were not true i still liked it.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2005, 18:07   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
i think thats very funny,wonder if he got the sack,,and what happened to the real patients..?
Either in disguise as Peter Britcliffe or they've got jobs as traffic wardens.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..