Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2006, 19:40   #1

Have your say.......

Have your say about your fellow Europeans.......

Italians sexiest, British funniest, Germans rudest!
Who are the sexiest, rudest, funniest people in Europe?

According to a Reader’s Digest survey, the Italians are the most popular and they are the sexist as well – maybe there’s a connection.

Italy is also the country Europeans would most like to live in, and Italian the nationality they would most like to be.

The British are top of the poll on two fronts. They have the best sense of humor, say fellow Europeans, who seem to judge the Britons by Basil Fawlty, Monty Python and Mr. Bean.

And Britons are thought to have contributed most to the world, with respondents citing football, medicine and industry among others as the reason.

The survey was carried out by Reader’s Digest magazine to mark the accession of ten new states to the European Union in May 2004.

It was felt a good time to ask Europeans what they felt about each other. To find out, the Digest dispatched researchers to 19 countries across Europe, from the UK to Russia, inviting nearly 4,000 respondents to comment on any country but their own.

They asked them questions like which Europeans they liked most and least, who were the sexiest, most efficient, who had the best sense of humor and the best food, and where they’d really like to live.

The answers – some of them surprising – were published in the July issue of the Digest. Italy came out of it smelling of roses, with Europeans in love with the country, its people and its food.

Some of the main ratings:

Sexiest – Italians, followed by Spain, then France
Least sexy – Belgians
Funniest – British
Least funny - Swiss
Most efficient – Germans
Rudest – Germans, with French second
Least rude – Norway and Switzerland
Most open-minded – Dutch
Favorite European city – Paris
Favorite country – Italy, with Spain second, France third

Some respondents’ comments:

Middle-aged Belgian woman – “The Germans make too much noise and are too chauvinistic.”
Young Dutch woman – “The English do not seem to know how to behave when they’re on holiday. All they do is drink and yell.”
Spanish shop assistant on Italians – “They party and have a great sense of humor.”
Young Briton on Italians – “They know they’re sexy, which is annoying, but it makes them even more attractive.”
Briton on contribution of Irish – “They gave the world Guinness.”
Elderly Swiss man on British contribution to world – “They created football.”

- July 1, 2004
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-06-2006, 22:45   #2
I am Banned

Re: Have your say.......

italians sexiest - to themselves in the mirror maybe

british funiest - we have to have a sense of humour with the clowns we have in charge

germans the rudest - wouldnt you be if you couldnt ever win a fight you started

Least funny - Swiss - no wonder realy they have all that money and all they have to look at is cuckoo clocks

Most open-minded – Dutch - i can vouch for this as i have a lot of dutch films

Least sexy – Belgians - nothing a razor under the armpits couldnt cure

Last edited by chav1; 08-06-2006 at 22:50.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 00:07   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

wish they would have asked me.
Old 12-06-2006, 18:09   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
wish they would have asked me.
One has to wonder about your reply.......
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2006, 10:13   #5
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I would say that the rudest are the French, many Germans I have met are actually quite jolly.

The sexiest have to be the Swedes, the Italians are far too vain to be sexy they try too hard.

There's no other sense of humour like us Brits, we can laugh at almost anything and let's face it...........we have to.

The friendliest people are the Greeks, especially the islanders, laid back and generous, the same goes for the Greek Cypriots.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..