Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By hassy rvr
  • 2 Post By Retlaw

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2013, 10:14   #1
God Member

hospital results, how long should you wait?

The week before Christmas I was admitted to The Royal Blackburn with excruciating pain in my right kidney and lower abdoman, I spent the night on Urology(not the ward, they had no beds), they did several tests and sent me home the next day none the wiser, the consultant thought it may be ovarian cysts or kidney stones and made an appointment for me to have a ct scan in January, I went for the ct scan and was told it would be 2 or 3 weeks before I got my results, 6 weeks later I am still no closer in finding out what this horrible pain is in my kidney, I have just called Mr Wemyss-Holdens receptionist (consultant) and she said they will be sending the results out this week..... Why would I be told 2 to 3 weeks when 6 weeks later they haven't even typed the results up?

Did they say I would get them this week because I rang up? Would I have ever got the results if I hadn't called the hospital?

How long should you be expected to wait for results? I gave them an extra 3 weeks

Rant over.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2013, 10:46   #2

Re: hospital results, how long should you wait?

I wouldn,t expect anything different from RBH.all my family know that should I fall ill under no circumstances should they send me there.I will not elaborate on here but as a family we have nothing but bad experiences.(another rant over)
Retlaw likes this.
hassy rvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 11:14   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

If they say 2 or 3 weeks I would be ringing them after the 3 weeks was up.
Old 25-02-2013, 11:14   #4
God Member

I never had a bad experience in the hospital, I have never been treated badly there, my 'gripe' is with results, or lack OF them
Old 25-02-2013, 11:16   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
If they say 2 or 3 weeks I would be ringing them after the 3 weeks was up.
Is that the same as waiting over 12 month AFTER my pre op for my arm, to actually getting a date to have my arm done?
Old 25-02-2013, 11:25   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Yes, I would not have left it that long. Never heard of someone having a pre operation assessment without having an operation date. The main idea of them is to make sure you are fit for the operation, so they don't turn you away on the operation day because something is wrong with you.

Just a waste of NHS time and money what they did with you - at least we had a brew and a natter
Old 25-02-2013, 11:37   #7
God Member

Yes Neil
Old 25-02-2013, 14:53   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassy rvr View Post
I wouldn,t expect anything different from RBH.all my family know that should I fall ill under no circumstances should they send me there.I will not elaborate on here but as a family we have nothing but bad experiences.(another rant over)
I would prefer to die at home from whatever it is, rather than go into that meat factory on the hill in Blackburn, and end up dieing from something I didn't have when I entered the place.
maxthecollie and hassy rvr like this.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 15:27   #9
God Member

It isn't just Royal Blackburn that are lax when sending results out. I went with my friend the other month when she went for her mammogram, bear in mind that she has had breast cancer. All around the waiting area were posters assuring patents that they would be sent their results by post. My friend had to ring to remind them to send the results and she said this happens every year. So seems sending results is not high on the list of priorities for either Royal Blacburn or Burnley General.
Old 25-02-2013, 17:34   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
I never had a bad experience in the hospital, I have never been treated badly there, my 'gripe' is with results, or lack OF them
I've been treated as an inpatient at 7 different hospitals over the last 30 years Shaz and prior to my last period in dock, I'd never anything but praise for the NHS. Last year one ward I was on was the ward from hell, for the first time in my life I had a real set to with a consultant, he was useless wanted to send me home in a worse condition than when I went in, I DIDN'T GO HOMEnor did I see that consultant again, I was in the Royal 9 weeks if that consultant had done his job right, my stay should have been 21 days tops
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..