Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2006, 19:18   #1

House cleaning tips for men

House Cleaning Tips For Men

Sweeping and Mopping the Floors
Have the dog sweep the floors with his tail, and lick up all the crumbs... (for stubborn spots that require scrubbing -- recruit a cat... you may have to add tuna water to the spot). If you don't have a dog or cat... well you are in trouble.... go find one roaming the neighborhood, quick!

Vacuuming
Call for a demo from a vacuum cleaner salesman. Have him show you how the vacuum works in all parts of the house... insisting the carpet looks the same... but really is different in all parts of the house. Tips for success: Don't always call same company... keep a chart and rotate between companies.

Dusting
Only do what is at eye level or below. And only right before someone is coming over! Run a rag over everything quickly (don't waste your time using the Pledge or Endust... it might harm the computer... and that risk is unacceptable!) For the illusion of using those products... spray a few squirts into the air... just like using air freshener.

Laundry
First, find a good place to hide it! If you actually have to do it... like when you have no underwear... (heck, who needs underwear?). Okay, now... lets say its time to fold those rotten clothes... run the dryer again... and again and again... let the machine do the work... that's what we bought it for, right?

Cleaning the Toilet
Hey, simple, just close the lid.

Clean the Shower
Close the shower door or curtain.

Cleaning the Rest of the Bathroom
Again... just close the door. For the illusion of a freshly cleaned bath... pour some lysol in the trash can... that illusion will work until you finally get someone to empty the trash for you. Speaking of which......

Taking out the Trash
If you can't find anyone in your house to take it out... bribe a neighbor... say you hurt your back or some other sob story... that one might be good for getting at least a few sympathy dinners out of the neighbor as well! Try not to use it too often... they might get suspicious.

Wash the Dishes
Duh... the dishwasher, of course... if something doesn't wash off, run it again and again... if that doesn't work... throw the dish out and start fresh. Better yet... paper plates, plastic utensils and plastic cups are a far better way to go... (as long as your neighbor is taking out the trash).

Tal
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-05-2006, 19:26   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: House cleaning tips for men

I LOVE that idea
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2006, 19:37   #3
Senior Member+

i got a tip ....

MEN.....DONT DO ANY CLEANING

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2006, 20:19   #4
I am Band

Talking Re: House cleaning tips for men

...Lift your feet up whilst the missus pushes the hoover past you. If you don't, you will suffer from crumpled toes!

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2006, 20:59   #5
Resting in Peace

Who says this just for men, sounds like my bible of housekeeping to me.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..