Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2005, 17:12   #1
God Member

Husband Version 1.0

I've been trawling through a few things I wrote some time ago and I thought this might amuse.

HELP!

I have been trying to install Husband Version 1.0 for some time now and I keep experiencing difficulties. I have, in the past, run Boyfriend Versions 1.0 to 6.0, but every time I attempt the upgrade to Husband all the system discs shut down and I have to use a different version of Boyfriend to get everything working again.

I had also been experiencing a few problems with Boyfriend Versions 2.0 to 6.0 prior to the attempt to upgrade. The programs work perfectly as soon as installed but I have noticed that over a period of a few months the programs cease to function normally. After installation the systems probe tool is constantly active, however, after a couple of months of frequent use it slows down. I have also noticed that when functions are requested the error message ‘do it yourself’ comes up on screen.

I realise now that my mistake was to attempt to upgrade Boyfriend Version 1.0. This program was the simplest version but it did seem to operate normally for a longer period than any of the others. After that I didn’t really notice any obvious differences between the upgrades.

I have heard that there is a New Man Version 1.0 on the market but I have yet to see any evidence of it myself. Apparently, its primary functions are to clean the hard disc and prepare the computer for Babies Versions 1.0 to 2.0. I believe that a prototype was tested but it kept malfunctioning and reverting to Boyfriend Version 3.2.

I have had a little bit more success with Friend Versions 1.0 to 10.0. All versions run quite smoothly alongside each other and only become a problem when my girlfriends decide to use them and convert them to any of the Boyfriend programs. At this point they erase themselves from my computer and even when my girlfriends have tired of them they are difficult to reinstall.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-12-2005, 17:58   #2
I am Banned

Re: Husband Version 1.0

let this be a lesson to all woman kind

install vesion 1.0

use it spareingly

and for gods sake dont try to alter it
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 18:01   #3
God Member

Having said all that, I have eventually found a version of Husband that does work properly.

Old 10-12-2005, 21:54   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Search the web and it's all out there Gayle you're fame must be spreading!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 22:12   #5
God Member

Great minds think alike! I wrote mine about 10 years ago when I was single. Not really surprised that other people would think along the same lines!

Old 10-12-2005, 22:19   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Great minds think alike! I wrote mine about 10 years ago when I was single. Not really surprised that other people would think along the same lines!
It most probably has been corrupted as the years went by, a little added here a little taken away there, but at least the core idea is still there!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 06:21   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I had also been experiencing a few problems with Boyfriend Versions 2.0 to 6.0 prior to the attempt to upgrade.
Strangely enough I was analysing a system report from one of you old boyfriend versions the other day (version number withheld for security reasons). It suggested you had a problem with your oral interface. It looks like it kept crashing before the task had completed. I think you would have found the boyfriend program would have been more reliable if you had used your backup system more often.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:48   #8
God Member

There was nothing wrong with my oral interface, his system simply couldn't cope with extensive use of it!

I tried to use the back up system once and tried reinstalling Boyfriend 1.0 whilst still trying to run Boyfriend version 2.0 but apparently the two systems do not operate simultaneously.

Old 11-12-2005, 11:07   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I bet Boyfriend 1.0 would have operated fine if you had installed Girlfriend 1.0 at the same time
Old 11-12-2005, 12:22   #10
I am Banned

perhaps the problems start when girlfriend v.1.0 cuts back the usage of her oral interface on boyfriend v.1.0's systems probe tool and starts spitting data recieved from boyfriend v.1.0's system probe tool back at him
Old 11-12-2005, 13:32   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
There was nothing wrong with my oral interface, his system simply couldn't cope with extensive use of it!
I think you will find your oral interface incorrectly configured. In its property page make sure all the settings are ticked except for the 2 tick boxes named autonag and whinge. I think you will find it functions correctly then.
Old 11-12-2005, 14:03   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I think you will find your oral interface incorrectly configured. In its property page make sure all the settings are ticked except for the 2 tick boxes named autonag and whinge. I think you will find it functions correctly then.
perhaps keeping silent mode permantly ticked would be a better idea
Old 11-12-2005, 14:17   #13
God Member

It all seems to work perfectly well with Husband v1.0, although I suspect he has his silent mode permanently ticked.

Old 11-12-2005, 16:23   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Maybe he is running in under the thumb mode
Old 11-12-2005, 16:32   #15
Senior Member+

I haven't had your problems Gayle but I had similer ones with V1.0 Wife which ran fine for years but started changing programs with out notice and doing random upgrades without letting me know, this in its self wasn't a major problem, somewhat irritating but something you could live with, the main fault seemed to be an annoying whine that eminated constantly especially when being transported.
I switched it off for a while and loaded V6.0 girlfriend which I then upgraded to V1.0 Lover and then completly upgraded evrything to V2.0 Wife, a newer model with a lot less usage which I imported from the USA this seems to perform anywhere you want it too. A word of warning for all of you thinking of going down this path, to get rid of Wife V1.0 is very, very expensive and long winded.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..