Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2007, 14:19   #1
God Member

johnsons holiday skin body lotion

what a loada crap this is, i bought the normal to fair skin one and it doesnt do what it says it says on the bottle

All day moisturisation (nope my skins still dry)
Gradually builds a beautiful, light tan (wrong again)

ive had this bottle about a month now and nothing happened until last night, after getting out of the bath i decide to put it on...i usually only put it on my face but this time decided to do my legs and arms too, all went well till i woke up this morning, my arms, hands and face are still white,legs too...that was till i looked down at my ankles...lo and behold my ankles are brown ...... why? did the lotion drop down to my ankles when i was asleep? have ankles got some sort of pulling power for moisturiser?

one is not amused
Old 25-04-2007, 14:40   #2
God Member

Re: johnsons holiday skin body lotion

<Ian thinks twice about comment about thick skin>

If you are getting a month out of a bottle you aren't putting much on. I know Nettie used it and Julie has in the past and it seems to work for Julie and Nettie was happy about it

PS, its buy one get one free at the minute

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 14:49   #3
Member.

I’m going to reserve any comment until I’ve stopped PML…………………

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 15:32   #4
Resident Waffler

If your ankle skin is dry it will tend to absorb more of the moisturiser and therefore have more to react to. Did you exfoliate before applying?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 18:04   #5
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
If your ankle skin is dry it will tend to absorb more of the moisturiser and therefore have more to react to. Did you exfoliate before applying?

Exfoliate? she'd need a lumber jack with a big axe.........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 25-04-2007, 20:04   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Exfoliate? she'd need a lumber jack with a big axe.........
Think Doug actually fancies ya' Flashy .. doin that insult thingy that men do . to attract attention.

As for the Johnsons .. it does work slowly .. with no streaking. Can't imagine what you are doing wrong here, sure you not having your baths with the candles and wine scenario ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 22:39   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Think Doug actually fancies ya' Flashy .. doin that insult thingy that men do . to attract attention.
That is a fallacy that you ladies like to think when you are being insulted by us men.
The trutch is that we insult you ladies either because it is true or usually just for the fun of it.
Old 25-04-2007, 23:34   #8
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

As for the Johnsons .. it does work slowly .. with no streaking. Can't imagine what you are doing wrong here, sure you not having your baths with the candles and wine scenario ?
Kate that would be incestuous, Flashy being my daughter, anyway have you seen her legs?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 25-04-2007, 23:38   #9
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
That is a fallacy that you ladies like to think when you are being insulted by us men.
The trutch is that we insult you ladies either because it is true or usually just for the fun of it.

This is true, what's more he's a man's man even after his lady beats seven shades out of him for making the above statement in public.

The Gentleman is an hero.............

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 26-04-2007, 07:20   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Kate that would be incestuous, Flashy being my daughter, anyway have you seen her legs?

yes kate has seen the size of my legs....BUT YOU BLOODY HAVENT

yes willow i did exfoliate,my legs,face and arms,but not my ankles lol, thanx for the advice
Old 26-04-2007, 09:29   #11

Cool Re: johnsons holiday skin body lotion

I use Dove holiday skin which, IMO works better than Johnsons
JB

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 09:32   #12
God Member

ive seen that on tv jellybaby, i might get some of that today...i stopped going on the sunbed about two years ago, it knackers your skin up, but i do want to 'glow' a bit before i go away

thanx jellybaby
Old 26-04-2007, 09:48   #13

Talking Re: johnsons holiday skin body lotion

I use the johnsons meduim to dark skin lotion and after 3 days looks like i have just got back off my hols a golden tan so try that!
home and bargin doing good offer on it 2.99 a bottle

Tracey

'The views expressed here are my own and are not necessarily those of the site'
Traceyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 09:50   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceyb37 View Post
I use the johnsons meduim to dark skin lotion and after 3 days looks like i have just got back off my hols a golden tan so try that!
home and bargin doing good offer on it 2.99 a bottle

Tracey

i might get the darker one, i got this one from home n bargain (havent a clue why everyone calls it that cos thats not what its called lol) i may try the dove first though
Old 26-04-2007, 14:30   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=flashytart;415834]ive seen that on tv jellybaby, i might get some of that today...i stopped going on the sunbed about two years ago, it knackers your skin up, but i do want to 'glow' a bit before i go away

try Grouse flashy,it sure as hell used to make me "glow".

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..