Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2003, 15:16   #1
Jo

Post Jo's 1€ shop

Thought I'd set up in competition with Tealeaf as he doesn't sound like the kind of employer I'm looking for....

My idea is a 1€ shop, where everything costs 1€ or the equivalent thereof in any currency you want (pound sterling accepted, old bobs and shillings not - have to go to Tealeaf's for that).
Basically when you come back from your hols and still have loose change that the bank won't change for you, you can "BOB" into my shop and spend it there.
What do you think?
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-10-2003, 15:19   #2
God Member

Post Re: Jo's 1€ shop

1 Euro = 70p (Fourteen Bob). More expensive than my place. Might get a little rabbit pie for that though.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 15:26   #3
Jo

It's a strictly vegetarian shop, and it's more expensive cos we'll have better quality stuff. The cheapest isn't always the best, you know... :-*
Old 01-10-2003, 15:35   #4
God Member

Hey...you could be on a winner there....accy needs a good Pasta shop...I can see it now..."Jo's Speg Bowl"...all dishes 14 bob.......
Old 01-10-2003, 17:22   #5
Senior Member+

can we have some of those biscuits on your site jo, they look more appetizeing than mario. have a look tealeaf.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:30   #6
Jo

They are delicious biscuits Janet! If you let me know where to send a few I will certainly do so. Send me a private message!
Tealeaf can get his own in Waitrose or Costa Coffee in London!
Old 02-10-2003, 09:04   #7
God Member

Yep, Jo's biccys are very nice...even better deep fried in batter
Old 02-10-2003, 09:21   #8
Senior Member+

I have heard and am not sure of all the deatils that a certain perentage of people are having trouble wi the € because of the higher nickel content in it.Allergic reaction to that.Know of 2 people in Lytham St. Annes who cannot even handle it because of the reactionthey get to it.Anyway what would the contents of the shop be Jo?Clothes, food or just general QUALITY STUFF?Can you order on line, do you retail abroad?Will there be Italian preservatives to buy as we are not allowed to use the J word anymore  
Old 02-10-2003, 09:35   #9
God Member

Jo informs me there will be 275 varieties of spagetti, 62 different brands of Chianti, lots of her biccys....errr..thats it! If you want real choice get round to Tealeafs 10 bob store - Accy's answer to 'orrods.
Old 02-10-2003, 09:40   #10
Jo

So that's what the J word was!!!!!!!!!
Preservativo in Italian - have to take care wghen I'm translating at work - our biscuits have no colourings and no preservatives.......  Should hope not, this is a Catholic country!
Anyhow, we'll be selling pasta, of course, and olive oil, parmesan cheese and Chianti. Loacker biscuits (obviously), Hefeweizen, Bratwurst, Sauerkraut. frogs legs, Belgian Beer, Hungarian gulash, Tortillas, Swiss cheese with holes in it....the whole European lot! Just need a product from Holand to complete my range. THought about Waccy Dutch Baccy, but it's illegal in england (just in case you didn't know)!  ;D
Old 02-10-2003, 09:59   #11
God Member

Try some Gouda
Old 02-10-2003, 11:40   #12
Jo

I thought more down the line of bunches of Tulips and miniature wooden clogs.
Also, have a good friend at word that's Dutch - the true speciality in Holland is hundreds and thousands on toast.
How many hundreds and thousands do you think you'd get for a Euro.
answers on a postcard please....
Old 02-10-2003, 12:16   #13
God Member

Hundreds and Hundreds what?
Old 02-10-2003, 15:09   #14
Jo

Don't you know what hundreds and thousands are? They're those coloured sugary things you get on top of cakes and icecream.
Old 02-10-2003, 15:16   #15
God Member

Like on a Sherry Trifle you mean.....Yeah, I know now - for some reason I misread it as 100's + 100's.....so the dutch bung that on toast, do they? They always were a nation of funny bu**ars......it's all double dutch to me..

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..