Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 15:39   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Just gotta say.

I think the replies here are a little harsh. Janet has made over 2000 posts and her karma has also been shot to ****.

Less was almost there. By that I mean, lets invite her to tell us what is crap about the site. Let her elaborate on what is crap and what is not. After all being a forum everything is up for debate.
Old 12-05-2012, 15:45   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I think the replies here are a little harsh. Janet has made over 2000 posts and her karma has also been shot to ****.

Less was almost there. By that I mean, lets invite her to tell us what is crap about the site. Let her elaborate on what is crap and what is not. After all being a forum everything is up for debate.
I think the replies have been restrained, rather than harsh.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 15:51   #18
Senior Member+

ah. I just would like to know what she thinks is crap about it. It looks the same, Lots of the members are still here from when she joined in 2004. We know its not crap, but its like I have said; she needs to search the site. Seems she has come back and found all the darker subjects as of late. But has she come back and seen any of these comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
I think the replies have been restrained, rather than harsh.
Yeah. I must go back and read them again. But saying 'bye bye you won't be missed isn't harsh ?
Old 12-05-2012, 15:56   #19
God Member

I don't think anyone has been harsh either -my own comment could be taken as light sarcasm and of course we all have our own definition of fun.

Just took a peep at Janet's profile but it doesn't give much away so i had a look at some of her past "fun" posts - laugh a minute stuff

Oops, now that perhaps is a little harsh of me.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 15:58   #20
Senior Member+

ok ok. I guess I was just talking about John's comment. I got ahead of my keyboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Just took a peep at Janet's profile but it doesn't give much away so i had a look at some of her past "fun" posts - laugh a minute stuff
i have just been doing that too!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 21:52   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I don't think anyone has been harsh either -my own comment could be taken as light sarcasm and of course we all have our own definition of fun.

Oops, now that perhaps is a little harsh of me.

I never thought of doing that, so went and read some of her posts, got to page 4 and laughed so much I had to change my Tena Lady...is that harsh or sarcastic or sarcastically harsh?

Am I having fun yet?
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 22:47   #22
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet View Post
This is the first time I have actually logged into my account for months now, Just gotta say, that this website is crap,
Bit harsh isn't it Lass ? Could you be a bit clearer as to why you've come to this conclusion ? Have you had a proper mooch about to see what's happening elsewhere on here or did you just look at 1 or 2 dismal threads & presume ?

You said yourself you've not been on here for a while so plenty would've passed you by in that time. So go on, have a sneck through some older threads then come back & see if you still feel the same.
Old 13-05-2012, 03:28   #23
God Member

I think that she was abducted by the clones ... not the cones ... taken by the ducks to the bottom of the canal ... annually probed by Jay's keyboard ... and then dumped back into this dimension to infiltrate this forum. The aliens hope, no doubt, that she will spread demoralization in the ranks. Not too much has been heard about the penguins lately ... they may be involved.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 07:56   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Might I suggest you start your own website?

I'm sure that with your attitude you could create something far better, why not send Roy a PM and scrounge some room for free on his servers?
Show him how it should be done!

To anyone else, if you do have an idea of a website that could actually be useful to folk, PM myself or Mick, we'll force him to develop the best one.

Hey Mick, any prizes left over from the photo competition?
We could offer them up to an original idea.
I am sure we can sort something out in the way of a Prize for the best suggestion that we actually use on site
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 19:33   #25
Senior Member+

What about a website dedicated to invisibility, Not sure if it will work, I cant see it myself.

We could have photos of the best invisible object, as a starter I have uploaded an invisible horse jumping over a stone jump, you will notice the fact that the rider becomes invisible by sitting on the horse.

Have I won!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2806.JPG (411.2 KB, 13 views)
Old 13-05-2012, 19:41   #26
Beacon of light

No...but it is a very pretty scene you captured. Have a putty medal!(OK Karma then)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 19:53   #27
Senior Member+

well she wrote a topic and ran off. Naughty Janet!!
Old 13-05-2012, 19:55   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No...but it is a very pretty scene you captured. Have a putty medal!(OK Karma then)

A man outstanding in his field,, how can I not win I'm the only entrant. Dont say I came second again. ( by the way it was saturdays walk up the coppice)
Old 13-05-2012, 20:00   #29
Senior Member+

second entry, what about a normal horse with an invisible rider?

Have I won yet?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2957.JPG (481.1 KB, 10 views)
Old 13-05-2012, 20:12   #30
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
second entry, what about a normal horse with an invisible rider?

Have I won yet?
That's not a normal horse, it's got a second head coming out the side of its neck. Is its name Zaphod Beeblebrox??

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..