Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2008, 09:42   #16
God Member

Re: legal or illegal taxi drivers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Yes the vehicle is licensed but so are the individual taxi drivers.
I said that in my post

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-06-2008, 09:45   #17
Resident Waffler

And I am agreeing with you both..... as per the PDF document which I Googled up.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 09:54   #18
God Member

Try this link..............That should clear it up.

http://www.blackburn.gov.uk/server.php?show=nav.295

Old 18-06-2008, 16:59   #19
God Member

When I worked in bury, the taxi rank had a base on irwell street, the cars on the rank pulled off when a private job came in, one independent only got flag or rank work, and another private hire firm owned two hackney cabs and used to send them for private bookings, but private hire cannot be flagged down, or work the rank, it has to be pre-booked, dont know if working for two firms is allowed on private hire, we had a cab recently, (private hire) and there was no meter in it, I thought they had to have meters now, but the driver said not.
Old 18-06-2008, 17:25   #20
Junior Member+

Hi, I am an ex blackburn taxi driver and one firm i worked for had 2 private hire names and 2 different phone numbers, but we never had to switch the signs on the side. I think your right if the driver was switching names there was something wrong. Frank
man4u50s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 18:35   #21
God Member

ah thanks for that Frank, i just thought it was a bit sus, 24/7 might own Darwen private hire but surely you would need to have some sort of insurance for both?
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 19:05   #22
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Try this link..............That should clear it up.

http://www.blackburn.gov.uk/server.php?show=nav.295

I couldn't find anything on there which says whether you can be both at the same time.

Old 18-06-2008, 19:13   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I couldn't find anything on there which says whether you can be both at the same time.
Ok...Try this link...a simple email will get you the right answer.

[email protected]

Old 18-06-2008, 19:19   #24
Resident Waffler

I might give them a ring tomorrow.

Old 19-06-2008, 09:37   #25
Junior Member+

re; Insurence, i had my own car when i was on the taxi's ( private hire ) it was insured as a private hire vechicle, you dont need to specify which company you work for, but you do have to be registered with the local council as to which firm you are working for. Frank
Old 19-06-2008, 12:29   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
ah thanks for that Frank, i just thought it was a bit sus, 24/7 might own Darwen private hire but surely you would need to have some sort of insurance for both?
Well it isn't the firm that insures you. As a taxi driver you pay your own insurance like you would any car.

Now, this is a hard one flashy. Not sure if private hire can work for 2 companies at the same time Can't see why not, but not sure.

And you don't know if he was private hire or Hackney. Now, Ginger works for a private hire company BUT, he has a Duel badge. A duel badge means he can quite easily go and park on the taxi rank in town and he is well in his right to do so, and well with in his rights to swap and change. If you are ever not sure if something is legal and above board, look at the yellow badge on the back. This will have, the car make, the drivers number AND whether they are Hackney, private or duel. And never be afraid to ask to see their personal badge that is round their neck, and they should ALWAYS ALWAYS wear this when working.

As for the company might be the same company and he was just swapping his signs over.... I can't see that. C/O that ginger works for is ... Church and ossy taxi' and Hyndburn cabs, but they never have to swap their signs.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 15:45   #27
God Member

was talking to a taxi driver about it earlier and he said the taxi driver in question was probably doing a contract for Darwen Private hire and thats why he changed his badges
Old 19-06-2008, 18:45   #28
Junior Member+

Hi. I have just spoke to a taxi driver ( private hire ), he said darwen private hire and 24/7 were the same company although not anymore, he had nevr heard of anyone changing their signs on the side but said it was quite possible as an indpendent driver to be registerd to work for both companies, he could have been going to the next job for the other firm. Frank
Old 19-06-2008, 19:01   #29
God Member

yeah i think he must still be doing the school contract or something from Darwen Hire, thanx for explaining that Man4u

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..