Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2003, 07:38   #1

Post lyrics you got wrong

a few have been posted as part of another conversation but i thought it would make another fun topic.
Untill yesterday I thought one of the lyrics from Meatloaf was "growing like a lizard on the edge of the night"  instead of "glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife!"
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-09-2003, 14:44   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Post Re: lyrics you got wrong

I have had sooooo many wrong, as you've seen by previous posts, but I do think my lyrics are better ;D
These artistes just never seem to sing my words ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 07:10   #3
Jo

The italians sing

"gnocc gnocc gnocchi con mascarpon" (meaing potato dumplings with mascarpone cheese) for "knock knock knocking on heaven's door"

and "tirolesi, tirolesi, we don't have no time for no monkey business", Tirolesi being the inhabitants of Tyrol.

It's really funny over here, cos they all dance and "sing" the words, mimicking just the lip movement and many have no idea what the words mean. A funny example was watching the 64 yr old strict catholic female president of my company strut her stuff to "do it like they do on the discovery channel" !!
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 07:59   #4

try my ears are alight ;D
happyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2003, 08:01   #5
Senior Member+

[quote author=Jo link=board=anything;num=1063438712;start=0#2 date=09/19/03 at 08:10:32]The italians sing

"gnocc gnocc gnocchi con mascarpon" (meaing potato dumplings with mascarpone cheese) for "knock knock knocking on heaven's door"

Now i really like that one Jo.
Another one over here is some of the English lads sing 'ein pros tit' at the beer festivals.Sorry would not know the real translation for ' ein Prosit'.Which is the correct pronunciation
Old 21-09-2003, 08:28   #6
Resting In Peace

[quote author=happyone link=board=anything;num=1063438712;start=0#3 date=09/19/03 at 08:59:52]try my ears are alight ;D[/quote]

I love that one, the old Desmond Dekker classic!
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2003, 16:11   #7

cilla black on a motor bike not bad eithr ( bat out of hell ) meat loaf
happyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2003, 01:54   #8

that was funny Jo!!
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2003, 14:44   #9

the red hot chilli peppers Zepher song in the chorus it says "fly away on my zepher" my husband sang "fly away on my Saffron" for ages til i asked what he was singing and told him the right lyrics.........still sings it his way though  ???
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..