Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2005, 15:07   #1
Senior Member+

Most Wanted!!!

Humm toys and xmas sometimes don't seem to work very well in the same sentence.

Why is it that there is always at least one popular toy for xmas that everyone wants and are prepared to do or pay anything to get it? I work in a shop and the most wanted are Barbie pegasus styling head cant get it for love nor money well you can for around £50 on Ebay!! (a horses head with hair) kind of like a girls world but with a horsey face!!

Xbox 360 we had people camping outside the shop from 8pm last night to get one? are these people mad????

dr who derlek remote control hard to get hold of but we now have plenty in stock!! after the greif taken from customers who left it rather late to get the item it then becomes our (staff) fault for ruining xmas! oh please.

Lets see just how many pegasus styling heads come back after xmas because they got 2!!!

You see the thing i dont understand is why leave it so late until buying the childs most wanted xmas present?

Oh well i guess i will never understand some folks eh.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-12-2005, 16:07   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Most Wanted!!!

Have you seen the price of the X Box 360 on ebay, what get's me is people will pay anything to get one. Next year I will check out the latest craze and buy plenty, then I can make loads of money that will pay for my pressies.
Old 02-12-2005, 16:11   #3
Senior Member+

im with ya janet if only i had thought ahaed.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 18:38   #4
God Member

It's absolute madness. Especially those parents who pay over the odds just cos the little one "Really wants it". Tough I say, if I can't buy it at retail price then they're not getting it. These parents are their own worst enemy as they usually have bought the child everything they've ever wanted and when it comes to struggling to get something they'll do or pay anything!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 21:57   #5
God Member

one year my sister wanted a bike and mum & dad saved up for it and come xmas day my sister came running downstairs and opened it up and had more fun with the box it came in than the bike itself on xmas day. How many times has that happened to you - you've bought something for the kids and they've had more fun with the box and the wrapping paper than the present itself?
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..