Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2008, 09:27   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Lightbulb Nubrella

anyone seen the new Nubrella?.....lol

world's first hands-free brolly. Designed by Andy Kaufman, it promises never to turn inside out in high winds, is worn on the shoulders and opens at the touch of a button.
Made from nylon, with aluminium alloy ribs and a clear polyurethane cover, the nubrella will sell for around £30....bit pricey though
Would you wear it??????

I would!!....also handy for the pram pusher
Old 28-02-2008, 10:35   #2
God Member

Re: Nubrella

A few spots of rain on it and you won't be able to see where you are going.
I can't see it being a success.- just a gimmick
It looks as though your back is uncovered too

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2008, 10:39   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Good point Margaret .. maybe you get them with wipers too.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2008, 10:39   #4
Senior Member+

looks like a raincover for a pram

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2008, 10:40   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I can't see it being a success.- just a gimmick
It looks as though your back is uncovered too
Saw this on Telly yesterday, they said that the inventor had spent years on research
Old 28-02-2008, 10:44   #6
God Member

I got a windproof brolley from QVC last year but have't really tested it yet.
It has vents to let the wind out- called 'Windguard'
Windguard Wind Resistant Automatic Open & Close Mini Umbrella at QVC

Old 28-02-2008, 10:48   #7
Senior Member+

whats happened is.... the inventor has been out with the kiddy in a pram in the pouring down rain and thought what all parents think.. ' i wish i was under there' and made one for your head! lol

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2008, 11:00   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post

also handy for the pram pusher

These pram pushers are a curse preying upon the innocent females of our nation, one minute she's a young, sweet, innocent girl, the next, they tempt her away from the straight and narrow, It's only one pram thinks the young Lady then within years it's been two or three prams she has used, in really worrying cases they just don't know when to stop and there seems to be an endless stream of prams bringing financial ruin to her and her nearest and dearest, (have you noticed in most of these cases there is always a man struggling to come to terms with what has happened to his loved one).

I say we should all get together and fight against this terrible ordeal ensure that all pram pushers are dealt with as the scurge they really are!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2008, 11:31   #9
God Member

That new syle brolly looks as though it might capture air in a strong wind and get you airbourne, Mary Poppins style

Old 28-02-2008, 11:37   #10
Resident Waffler

Does anybody remember the old see-through brolly? This is just an upmarket version of those. They used to come down over your head and shoulders but were ribbed vertically instead of horizontally so they did tend to blow in towards your face in a wind. The rain drops did impede vision a bit but once they'd started running off it wasn't too bad.

These are a bit steep but seems like a good idea if you need to have your hands free. I saw them being marketed for cyclists but I'm not sure if that's a good idea if the rain could impede vision.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2008, 19:12   #11
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

my mums got one of those see-through brollys...tried it meself when its raining and had no problem looking through it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..