Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2013, 17:08   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Oh Boy A Spoilt Bitch, With A Spoilt Bitch!!!!

Well, I read an article in the Sun, (no it's not the paper of my choice it was just in the pub).

So, as I was marinating my kidneys, I noticed how a Barrister is suing Harvey Nics.
It seems she went into the shop with her small pooch in a shoulder bag.

The staff attempted to evict her, (no doubt for hygiene reasons though there is no report of the dog being offended by her smell).
She, (the bitch not the little bitch), then claims she and her pet were treated most horribly, she has along with other claims put forward a writ claiming, false imprisonment and Psychiatric 'Injury'.

Now come on, do we really need to have stupid cows like this one wasting time in our Justice system?

Should she be de-barred for being a female nonerist?

Or will I find myself the next victim of her stupidity?
Tune in tomorrow if I've disappeared you will know where her next injunction has gone.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2013, 04:29   #2
God Member

Re: Oh Boy A Spoilt Bitch, With A Spoilt Bitch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well, I read an article in the Sun, (no it's not the paper of my choice it was just in the pub).

So, as I was marinating my kidneys, I noticed how a Barrister is suing Harvey Nics.
It seems she went into the shop with her small pooch in a shoulder bag.

The staff attempted to evict her, (no doubt for hygiene reasons though there is no report of the dog being offended by her smell).
She, (the bitch not the little bitch), then claims she and her pet were treated most horribly, she has along with other claims put forward a writ claiming, false imprisonment and Psychiatric 'Injury'.

Now come on, do we really need to have stupid cows like this one wasting time in our Justice system?

Should she be de-barred for being a female nonerist?

Or will I find myself the next victim of her stupidity?
Tune in tomorrow if I've disappeared you will know where her next injunction has gone.

She wouldn't be from Los Angeles, would she?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 16:42   #3

I saw my first ever 'Handbag dog' in real life, recently.Was wondering where 'No Dogs Allowed' rules fit around it. If a dog's in your bag, I guess It's not got much chance of causing any damage to shop stock and property but, It's still a dog in a shop where they're not allowed....
Old 16-03-2013, 16:59   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
I saw my first ever 'Handbag dog' in real life, recently.Was wondering where 'No Dogs Allowed' rules fit around it. If a dog's in your bag, I guess It's not got much chance of causing any damage to shop stock and property but, It's still a dog in a shop where they're not allowed....
Two problems at least I can see with a dog in a bag.
1/ is the bag waterproof? If not the dogs pee could drip in the shop.
2/ If the bag is waterproof could the dog drown in it's own urine? In which case surely the RSPCA should be notified about cruelty to animals?

A dog is a dog, it was given a leg on each corner so that it can walk like a dog.
Old 16-03-2013, 17:33   #5

I never thought about the dog urinating in the bag-I was assuming someone who wants a bag-dog would probably make sure it got toilet opportunities but, you're right-IF it was to happen, that's a reason a shop owner wouldn't want a dog in a shop, bagged or not.
Also I'm thinking maybe if someone knows dogs aren't allowed in shops and they have one in their bag, they'll close up the bag causing the dog to be frightened and suffer...
Old 16-03-2013, 18:10   #6

Quote:
I never thought about the dog urinating in the bag-I was assuming someone who wants a bag-dog would probably make sure it got toilet opportunities but, you're right-IF it was to happen, that's a reason a shop owner wouldn't want a dog in a shop, bagged or not.
Also I'm thinking maybe if someone knows dogs aren't allowed in shops and they have one in their bag, they'll close up the bag causing the dog to be frightened and suffer...
Well if that's made you think perhaps it's saved one small dog from a life in a bag.
A dog as they say is for life should be treated as a dog not a fashion accessory.
Old 16-03-2013, 18:45   #7

If you mean me personally no I definitely don't agree with it at all and definitely wouldn't ever put a dog in a bag.
I'd need a pretty huge bag to carry my wolf-sized hound around, though!
Old 16-03-2013, 18:54   #8

Quote:
If you mean me personally no I definitely don't agree with it at all and definitely wouldn't ever put a dog in a bag.
I'd need a pretty huge bag to carry my wolf-sized hound around, though!
Well, I apologise I did mean you, you tend to come across to me like someone that would have such a fashion accessory, just shows how making assumptions about anyone can be wrong.
Old 16-03-2013, 19:00   #9

Lol true.

No I care far too much about animals, and far too little about fashion, for that to ever happen
cashman and Studio25 like this.
Old 17-03-2013, 08:38   #10
Senior Member+

Dog's are animals and should not be carried. They have four feet which they can use. It infuriates me to see or hear about people not respecting their dogs, and letting them live like dogs.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 08:41   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
A bag dogIts only spoilt bitches like Paris Hilton who stated that little trend, to be different, to stand out in a crown, "hey look I'm that filthy rich daughter of an hotel tycoon, can you all see me"
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 11:45   #12

The bag dog I saw (I didn't stop and stare or anything, but I think it was a Chihuahua or chihuahua-mix) was in a VERY cheap shop, in a scruffy area of Preston. A place I sometimes went to buy chewing gum or tea lights...One of those shops that sells cheap household products and cheap beauty products-make up and cheap toys, that sort of things-a bit like a 'Pound Shop'!I don't think the shop owner had noticed him/her.

The young girl who had the bag-dog seemed to be disregarding the dog totally but then, she may have just not wanted to draw attention because she was in a shop.

I am curious as to why I come across as somebody that would favour 'bag dogs', on this forum. I thought yes from what you said, Jaysay-that it was a young girl who follows fashion thing.Many of my posts centre around saving money, animal welfare and my dog-none whatsoever about fashion or trends, from what I remember . I could be wrong, I don't have the best memory if I'm honest!
Old 19-03-2013, 10:49   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Dog's are animals and should not be carried. They have four feet which they can use....
One of my boys (the one on my avatar) really likes being picked up - he's so small, I think he likes the better view. I don't do it often or for more than a few minutes, but I have picked him up when we've been on holiday and he's tired or there are too many people about, such as Whitby regatta.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 12:35   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
One of my boys (the one on my avatar) really likes being picked up - he's so small, I think he likes the better view. I don't do it often or for more than a few minutes, but I have picked him up when we've been on holiday and he's tired or there are too many people about, such as Whitby regatta.
I hope you fit him with a harness that has a carrying handle.
So much more butch than a man bag.
Old 19-03-2013, 12:48   #15

When I said I didn't agree with it I should have explained-the issue I have isn't with someone carrying a dog, bag or no bag, for whatever reason-as long as the dog is happy with it. I have a friend who has a Pomeranian, a tiny little ball of fur that's on a lap or being carried more than she's on the floor it seems, she's so small.

What worries me more than the little practicalities that I've discussed about, is that people are buying dogs ESPECIALLY for this reason. Using an animal as a fashion accessory. Fashion trends last a season, and then they're no longer acceptable to those who follow them. I don't know how long a season is, but It's certainly a lot shorter than the length of time a dog lives.

I am betting there's to be a lot of these dogs in rescue centres, or worse-or even if they're still with their 'owner' they'll be neglected once the owner's got fed up of carrying them about. I'm not saying all people who favour bag-dogs will be like this, but a lot of them I suspect.
cashman and maxthecollie like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..