Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2012, 15:02   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Oh Lord, Why Dos't Thou Tempt Me So?

Here I am Nearly a life long atheist and yet God still interferes.

I had called in at my favourite supermarket, when I say favourite, it's on the way home, if it wasn't there I'd probably starve 'cos I hate shopping.

Anyhow I digest, got enough bland stuff so that I could survive a few more days, headed for a cash register, got interrupted on the way by a member of staff offering to put my goods through the self service machines for me.
Well, I couldn't see the point the counter before me had almost a clear convey-er belt so I stayed where I was.
THEN it all started to happen, the lady I was behind gave out a shriek!
Very loud, I've never known the place so quiet.
She then Continued, "how dare you put bacon through with my shopping, I'm Jewish".
Now my life hasn't been spent totally living with Jews but quite a few that I knew could without much encouragement enjoy a bacon buttie with brown sauce.
Meanwhile this lass wouldn't take any placating from the staff, various theories were put forth including perhaps someone put it in your trolley by mistake.
No, she was upset and wasn't going to let it pass, I settled in for a long wait.

It's at this point that I found God was poking his nose in, right on top of my shopping, just behind the green barrier seperating customers, was a packet of pork scratchings.
I knew it was wrong but almost without hesitation my index finger was outstretched and moved the packet to her side.
I evilly looked forward to the pandemonium that would ensue once they tried to beep them through.
However That God I don't believe in was way ahead of me, he allowed the poor lass a few breaths to calm down, she then meekly took the rest of her shopping without a word, including my treat for tonight, she then walked away.
Well, obviously mentioning God and temptation there must be a moral to this, for me it's don't give in to temptation or God will take your pork scratchings away.
flashy, Restless, Stumped and 2 others like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-12-2012, 15:15   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Oh Lord, Why Dos't Thou Tempt Me So?

Think she may've been more outraged about the price than the actual Bacon, just a thought. Oy vay, oy vay!

Yeah, yeah, I know unPC & stereotypical, but mildly amusing.
Old 08-12-2012, 15:18   #3
Resting In Peace

It could only happen to you Less, you are a devil!
Old 08-12-2012, 16:10   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I blame adolf personally.
Old 08-12-2012, 16:16   #5
God Member

Certainly brightened my day up reading that
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 16:16   #6
Senior Member+

But yet they would happily let a Rabbi put their babies reproductive organ into his mouth to perform the finishing touches to a circumcision and yet react like this to a packet of bacon.

My friends son on his 22nd Christmas received the diagnosis of "Raynaud's phenomenon" The existence of God is severely doubtful.
Sunflower49 likes this.
Old 08-12-2012, 16:24   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
But yet they would happily let a Rabbi put their babies reproductive organ into his mouth to perform the finishing touches to a circumcision and yet react like this to a packet of bacon.

My friends son on his 22nd Christmas received the diagnosis of "Raynaud's phenomenon" The existence of God is severely doubtful.
Wow, that was...
involving exaggeration from me to make a small incident seem almost interesting, don't take God & his various idiosyncrasies so seriously until he stops ignoring you.
Restless likes this.
Old 08-12-2012, 16:43   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Here I am Nearly a life long atheist and yet God still interferes.

I had called in at my favourite supermarket, when I say favourite, it's on the way home, if it wasn't there I'd probably starve 'cos I hate shopping.

Anyhow I digest, got enough bland stuff so that I could survive a few more days, headed for a cash register, got interrupted on the way by a member of staff offering to put my goods through the self service machines for me.
Well, I couldn't see the point the counter before me had almost a clear convey-er belt so I stayed where I was.
THEN it all started to happen, the lady I was behind gave out a shriek!
Very loud, I've never known the place so quiet.
She then Continued, "how dare you put bacon through with my shopping, I'm Jewish".
Now my life hasn't been spent totally living with Jews but quite a few that I knew could without much encouragement enjoy a bacon buttie with brown sauce.
Meanwhile this lass wouldn't take any placating from the staff, various theories were put forth including perhaps someone put it in your trolley by mistake.
No, she was upset and wasn't going to let it pass, I settled in for a long wait.

It's at this point that I found God was poking his nose in, right on top of my shopping, just behind the green barrier seperating customers, was a packet of pork scratchings.
I knew it was wrong but almost without hesitation my index finger was outstretched and moved the packet to her side.
I evilly looked forward to the pandemonium that would ensue once they tried to beep them through.
However That God I don't believe in was way ahead of me, he allowed the poor lass a few breaths to calm down, she then meekly took the rest of her shopping without a word, including my treat for tonight, she then walked away.
Well, obviously mentioning God and temptation there must be a moral to this, for me it's don't give in to temptation or God will take your pork scratchings away.
It wasn't Jewish Bacon
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 17:19   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Wow, that was...
involving exaggeration from me to make a small incident seem almost interesting, don't take God & his various idiosyncrasies so seriously until he stops ignoring you.
idiosyncrasies is a great word to describe God; And don't you know God is a woman, haven't you seen dogma?
Old 08-12-2012, 18:38   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
idiosyncrasies is a great word to describe God; And don't you know God is a woman, haven't you seen dogma?
Excuse me? I'm an orthodox atheist, how dare you come forward with your modernist feminist non-beliefs?
The God I don't believe in hasn't and always won't be a masculine falsehood.
Old 08-12-2012, 18:50   #11
God Member

I just get the feeling that this is another of Less' shaving mirror/book reader threads.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...der-62532.html

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 19:10   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I just get the feeling that this is another of Less' shaving mirror/book reader threads.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...der-62532.html
Indeed you could perhaps be right, God could have spoken unto me and in deep rasping commands demanded that I go onto AccyWeb and multiply the number of conspiracy theories that MagsR can see in just one paragraph.

Sometimes though it isn't God the voice I Hear is just my own warped sense of humour not to be confused with you're own suspicions that there is something deeper in all of this.
Old 08-12-2012, 20:34   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Excuse me? I'm an orthodox atheist, how dare you come forward with your modernist feminist non-beliefs?
The God I don't believe in hasn't and always won't be a masculine falsehood.
And after listening to her music(alanis morissette) I also have difficulty believing
Old 08-12-2012, 20:48   #14
I am Banned

[QUOTE=Less;1031204
involving exaggeration from me to make a small incident seem almost interesting,
[/QUOTE]

..gotta wonder why?
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 21:51   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
..gotta wonder why?
Basically to confuse morons enough to get them to start asking simple questions such as...

WHY?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..