Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2008, 22:37   #31
God Member

Re: Oh No You Don't!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Believe me, I wish the quiet people would speak up, the number of them that give me karma and also P.M. me, (without being seen posting on site), because they, (strangely), see me fighting their corner against the bullies that only want to take over.

The quiet people are the ones that need to be heard probably a breath of fresh air, I can type for England, I just wish we could get YOU to do the same, just be yourself and most of us will read and enjoy what you say.
That's nice....I like that...........but dont dare to challenge 3000+ plus points......he throws tamtrums in bold print.
Just have a look at the thead today of a young lady who started a thread about a parking offence in Darwen......That's bullying.
Smart arsed comments don't come across the same as face to face conversation, but if someone calls you an idiot in negative Karma...would you call that friendly banter?
I too have the time and the patience to read all the threads...some good,some not so good, but I read them anyway.
If you are new to Accyweb and are not sure of what to do PM a mod and they will put you right, and they dont expect Karma.....or favours.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-05-2008, 22:45   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Cheek of some people!! Picking on the quiet ones again are you girls??

Couse we are Slinks
Old 28-05-2008, 22:50   #33
God Member

Originally Posted by slinky
Cheek of some people!! Picking on the quiet ones again are you girls??

Of course hun , theres no one else around that make this much noise lmao!!!!
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 05:56   #34
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
That's nice....I like that...........but dont dare to challenge 3000+ plus points......he throws tamtrums in bold print.
That wasn't a Tantrum, that was to show to a fool what I had already explained in my first post!

As for challenging because I have 3000+ points:-

Quote:
By the way, I also think, (waits for screams of lynch him), that once a year perhaps on accywebs birthday, (March I think), every bodies karma and power points should revert to zero, why? because I for one have 3862 points that's pretty good about 1 point per post, but I've been here since well, around the beginning, what chance has someone new got to catch up unless every now and then we clear the score board?
I mentioned it in the above post to show how uneven I think the system is for newbies, I do apologise for wanting a fairer system!

Quote:
Just have a look at the thead today of a young lady who started a thread about a parking offence in Darwen......That's bullying.
Smart arsed comments don't come across the same as face to face conversation, but if someone calls you an idiot in negative Karma...would you call that friendly banter?
Had a look and can see that you read into posts what isn't there, the comments I saw weren't about the person posting, but about the article she had posted about!

Quote:
I too have the time and the patience to read all the threads...some good,some not so good, but I read them anyway.
Good I'm glad that you can manage to read all the posts, do you have anyone there that can explain to you what they are about?

Quote:
If you are new to Accyweb and are not sure of what to do PM a mod and they will put you right, and they dont expect Karma.....or favours.
Not only can they P.M. mods but they can ask other members,

where in this thread has anyone said they expect karma or favours? nowhere, until now.

Please do me a very big favour don't bother to reply as I have already said,

Quote:
I see you're trying to be clever again, why bother? You don't like what I say so stick to your own Ideas and let other folk tell me what they think, I already know most of your thought's are restricted to four letters!

Now be a good boy and leave us grown up's to talk!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 06:03   #35
mez
God Member

less, a question for you, do you HAVE to do 5 posts per day to play in the arcade? or is it still the old system ... where you have to have at least posted 5 posts on joining accyweb?

im up early & need help to get the grey cells working.
Old 29-05-2008, 06:10   #36
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
less, a question for you, do you HAVE to do 5 posts per day to play in the arcade? or is it still the old system ... where you have to have at least posted 5 posts on joining accyweb?

im up early & need help to get the grey cells working.
Perhaps that question would be better answered by a mod? I wouldn't want to put you in a position that forced you into doing me a favour!

Actually, today that question may need to be answered by a mod, because when I went to the arcade this morning it told me I had to make one post instead of as it has been saying five posts.

So either someone in control is doing me favours, or the system has been changed again, or because it's less than 24 hours since my last lot of posting I don't need to start from square one. I really don't know, Micks online so no doubt he'll throw some light on it for us.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 06:12   #37
mez
God Member

thanks less.
Old 29-05-2008, 11:51   #38
white rabbits

I dont have the natural gift of the gab,and couldent possibly compete in some of the posts,even though i read them,i love the funny ones not the bitchy ones ,Probably thats why most of my posts are in anything goes. I love the arcade even though i am rubbish against you Accy lot....,,

Last edited by grannyclaret; 29-05-2008 at 11:54.
grannyclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 11:59   #39
God Member

As a non arcadian by nature, I can't see what all the fuss is about

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 13:30   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

had a think about this n my solution would be, (1) leave as it is fer first 12 months, after that i reckon people know if they are sticking around, (2) donate to the site or no arcade. that would help with upkeep n running of a good forum.realise that will not be popular with some- well Tough, if ya can't spare a few quid over 1 year its a poor do.
Old 29-05-2008, 17:44   #41

Think its a good idea to be honest.

(did i really say that? lol)
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 20:01   #42
Always EVIL within us

I treat the Games Arcade as a distraction if I cannot make any serious input to the days threads. I object to being made to make comments just for the privilege of playing a game. I will NOT be the 15th person to say: I "agree" in the same thread which is often the case, I will simply go to another forum to play games until I get the urge again to make a post.......and it is likely to be THAT forum

We were recently celebrating being amongst the top 50,000 forums, if the format is changed too much Roy may find that he is the owner of a mediocre site instead of one of the best in England

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..