Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2005, 11:22   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

P.B. Or Not P.B.

I was looking at the images I had put in another thread and have come to a conclusion.

I think in future whenever referring to our esteemed leader we could use the above image it would make him appear friendly and unaloof (is there such a word as unaloof? Well if there isn't I'm sure P.B. will get around to inventing it!).

Plus, if in all future references to his to-ing & fro-ing, doing & don'ting we refer to him as Daffy he won't know who we are talking about and therefore we won't be hurting any feelings leaving him to concentrate on steering the good ship HBC away from the rocks on to a course somewhere just south of the doldrums.

Creep Time!!!!!!
May I take this chance to wish all our hard working councillors and their staff the very best of what they would wish me!

Oh, look they got the bubbly out must be celebrating another cunning plan!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-12-2005, 13:27   #2
God Member

Re: P.B. Or Not P.B.

Being a hardened old cynic I am tempted to wonder if Less has a planning application that is coming up for consideration, or perhaps it is just that the "daddy's medicine" is finally kicking in. Whatever, I too would like to send a seasonal message to The Scaitcliffe Residential Home for the Terminally Bewildered.

To all our lovely councillors,

Thank you for another year of political back-biting and infant school squabbling. The borough which I care deeply about, has, under your lack-lustre and unimaginative stewardship failed yet again to drag itself out of the mire to which your misguided, damaging and costly policies have condemned it.

You can take pride in the knowledge that your pathetically inadequate efforts on behalf of the people of this borough have turned even more people away from engaging in the political process - who wants to have a meaningful conversation with a bunch of grasping fools who cannot agree on what day of the week it is?

You have, by your scandalous increase in allowances, demonstrated that a life in public service is motivated more by personal greed than altruism and civic pride.

In every service which you have a duty to operate, without exception, there are failings, delays and incompetence. There is also a monstrous lack of public accountability and transparency. Councillors prattle on and on about the high level of professionalism to be found among the officers of the Council. I have to say that anyone presiding over the constant stream of cock-ups in the commercial sphere would not remain a professional for very long.

When are you all going to get it into your thick heads, the long suffering people of this borough want a council that does what it says on the tin, as opposed to what is politically expedient.

Hyndburn Borough Council and it's officers, are, in my very humble opinion, not worth the breath spent criticising them.

I hope that your weasel words and feasibility studies choke you, and may they choke you sooner in the New Year rather than later.

Old 11-12-2005, 14:23   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Oops, A-B we forgot about the New Year, obviously from your description of this year you can have nothing but optimism (there can be only one direction from here), for next year.

I'll start shall I?

Now if only we could get Daffy, and the rest of the Looney tunes to come on here and tell us what their New years Resolution is going to be then we will be able to run a book in the accyweb betting shop about who fails first!

By the way A-B this is in the anything goes section so if there is anything troubling you don't hold it in just say it as you feel.

Last edited by Less; 11-12-2005 at 14:31.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 14:29   #4
Resting in Peace

i was in town the other day with the camera and took some pics of PB hope you like them.
after the last pic he had to run home to change his nicotine patch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pb.jpg (10.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg pb1.jpg (6.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg pb2.jpg (7.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg pb3.jpg (7.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg pb4.jpg (7.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg pb5.jpg (4.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg pb6.jpg (13.9 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Mick; 11-12-2005 at 14:31.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..