Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2013, 13:29   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

People Watching

I get plenty of time for this these days, it is an interesting hobby.
Here I am sat in a corner, in walk a young couple, he's clean shaven with smart but casual gear on. She is dressed in very feminine attire, trying as hard as he to make an impression, in a figure hugging dress that displays all her natural curves.

They are both oblivious to what is going on around them, only having eyes for each other, the romantic amongst us may give a sigh and proclaim the wonder of young love.

Personally I can see, them spending a fortune on a wedding, then 2 or 3 years from now, they will turn up, he still in casual gear, but not having bothered to shave, she in a comfortable pair of jeans, (and IF love is still in the air), one of his over stretched sweaters because they have now melded into a couple.
However, he will be watching the football with his mates & she will be hoping there is another women coming in so she can have an In depth conversation about shopping.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-08-2013, 13:48   #2
God Member

Re: People Watching

Such is life
Old 08-08-2013, 13:52   #3

People Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Such is life
All the effort and phraseology that I put into the starting post and that's the best you can say?

Shame on you!

Old 08-08-2013, 13:57   #4
Beacon of light

I think you might have overdosed on you anti cynicism pills Less...you need at least three more beers to act as an antidote.......well, no, it won't act as an antidote, but you really won't care!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 14:04   #5

People Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think you might have overdosed on you anti cynicism pills Less...you need at least three more beers to act as an antidote.......well, no, it won't act as an antidote, but you really won't care!
When have I ever given proof that I care anyway?

People watching is just a pastime something to do when no-one bothers to start a thread on AccyWeb.
Old 08-08-2013, 14:57   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Have just nipped downtown after reading this and what a joy it is to people watch.!! Was wonderful to observe all of accys talent getting there tattoos sunburnt. But the sun does seem to dull the red n purple n blue hairstyles they display. pmsl.
Old 08-08-2013, 15:01   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have just nipped downtown after reading this and what a joy it is to people watch.!! Was wonderful to observe all of accys talent getting there tattoos sunburnt.
At last a positive reply!

If we continue the way folk have replied until this post we could be accused of being negative in our approach to life.
Old 08-08-2013, 15:38   #8
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
When have I ever given proof that I care anyway?

People watching is just a pastime something to do when no-one bothers to start a thread on AccyWeb.
Well, the fact that you wrote about it is really the only proof I have.

I'm sure there are many other topics that you could have used to start a thread on here...but you chose that one.
Old 08-08-2013, 15:39   #9
Beacon of light

Don't let Mr Eastham hear you say we have a negative approach, it seends him into a spiral of despair over us Accywebbers(he is one of us too).
Old 08-08-2013, 15:45   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Don't let Mr Eastham hear you say we have a negative approach, it seends him into a spiral of despair over us Accywebbers(he is one of us too).
Nah he aint one of us, hes n interloper from the north east.
Old 08-08-2013, 17:18   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
At last a positive reply!

If we continue the way folk have replied until this post we could be accused of being negative in our approach to life.
I used to love my trips down Accy and sitting near the gardens on Church St., its quite surprising just what you do see doing this, the occasional Accy Webber wondering around, Wayne Slobs wife dragging the brood round stuffing cakes in their gobs, not a pretty sight I can tell you, but it does make the world go round
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 18:13   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I used to love my trips down Accy and sitting near the gardens on Church St., its quite surprising just what you do see doing this, the occasional Accy Webber wondering around, Wayne Slobs wife dragging the brood round stuffing cakes in their gobs, not a pretty sight I can tell you, but it does make the world go round
Aye but yeh coulda sat in front of the Market Hall, if they had replaced the benches.
Old 08-08-2013, 18:23   #13
God Member

This evening I have been watching the local children play their version of cricket.

One girl was lying on the grass, When she was reminded that she was fielding, she said -
"I am fielding - I'm just waiting for the ball to come to me."

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 13:04   #14

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Saw in my rear view mirror while stopped at a traffic light this morning, a young girl turn her own rear view mirror to watch herself straighten out her hair......ok fair enough you may say, nothing special about that....but...

Then she put on a baseball cap, peak facing backwards, and proceeded to meld it firmly to her head, then twist and turn it to a jaunty angle which appeared to be around 27 degrees to the perpendicular whilst sweeping downwards towards the left of the nape of her neck...I believe my bucket list is complete and I can genuinely say I have seen it all
Old 09-08-2013, 17:18   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Aye but yeh coulda sat in front of the Market Hall, if they had replaced the benches.
In actual fact cashy I did put the benches in my post, then I had to edit it when I remembered they were no longer there
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..