Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2004, 20:30   #16
Member.

Re: postman pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara
What do you mean What? Have you never heard of Bananas in Pyjamas. Brilliant stuff, about two bananas that wear pyjamas called B1 and B2. Don't think it was around when i was a kid, but certainly was when my youngest was a child 16 years ago.
Give up………..we are two years apart (age) and I’ve never heard of the bu**ers. Andy Pandy, Muffin the Mule, Lamb Chop are all of my early years. Then we had the good stuff like Rhubarb & Custard and Hector. Bananas in Pyjamas, Never……………

Yes lettie "Potty Time" was Fantastic stuff......

Last edited by Doug; 11-08-2004 at 20:32.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2004, 20:38   #17
mez
God Member

oo i used to like the woodentops & camberwick green ( i watched them with the kids )there was no such things as those things when i was wittle, boo hoo //
Old 11-08-2004, 21:37   #18
I am Band

I cannot believe no-one has sang the praises of the Clangers. Cult viewing for generation X.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 06:22   #19
God Member

>>Has this post anything to do with the new cartoons of Postman Pat that have just been made? Did you know that Asians have now moved into Pats village, is this another case of the "Politically Correct" brigade moving into kids programmes?<<

I suppose it was only a matter of time, It can't be long before Postman Pat is identified as a differently sexed single parentwith learning issues and his cat is discovered to be having under age sex, substance abusing and is slapped with an ASBO.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:34   #20

Our cat Millie had under age sex with next doors ginger tom,but she is not on drugs thank goodness.
accyplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:45   #21

[QUOTE=Doug]Give up………..we are two years apart (age) and I’ve never heard of the bu**ers. Andy Pandy, Muffin the Mule, Lamb Chop are all of my early years. Then we had the good stuff like Rhubarb & Custard and Hector. Bananas in Pyjamas, Never………

Ah yes, good old Annette Mills - Muffin the Mule. She'd probably be done for a sexual offence now eh?

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 13:01   #22
God Member

No one has mentioned those two superstars of children's entertainment Bill and Ben the Flowerpot men. The originals of course, not these new-fangled coloured imitations.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 13:27   #23
God Member

Ohh! Bill and Ben!
(cue: waves of nostalgia.)

I loved bill and ben, I wanted to live in that garden. What about Tales from the Riverbank and Do Not Adjust Your Set.
Old 12-08-2004, 13:35   #24

What was that thing my kids used to watch? - "The Wibberly Wobberly Way" or something equally inane.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 19:51   #25
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyplus
Our cat Millie had under age sex with next doors ginger tom,but she is not on drugs thank goodness.
whats that got to do with postman pat
windylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2004, 15:27   #26
God Member

Very vague memory here, can anyone remember a tv programe that featured a couple of pairs of scissors called 'Snip and Snap'?

What about Four Feather Falls?
Old 13-08-2004, 15:39   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Very vague memory here, can anyone remember a tv programe that featured a couple of pairs of scissors called 'Snip and Snap'?
That was all about a vasectomy job, was'nt it?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2004, 15:39   #28
Resting in Peace

I can remember Four Feather Falls
Supercar (mike mercary)
fireball XL5 ( steve zodiac)

growing up a bit there was a program called No hideing place BUT can anyone remember a Program called MOON STRIKE ?
Cant remember what it was about
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2004, 16:44   #29
God Member

Another star was Captain Pugwash. The characters were voiced by Peter Hawkins, who also did Bill & Ben.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2004, 16:45   #30
God Member

That was the one with Seaman Staines
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..