Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2012, 12:55   #1
God Member

REBOUND book shop

This is a second hand bookshop that moved from Accrington to Blackburn in October last year, it's a not-for-profit shop run by volunteers on the Bootstrap course, it's aims are to give unemployed people the experience they may need to work in a retail environment, it also has a little coffee shop at the back of the bookshop which also gives people the experience of catering they may need.

I'm currently doing a month of work experience in this shop and i'm loving it, being a big reader myself the endless supply of good literature is brilliant....anyway.... the point of this post is to tell people about this place, the books are cheap, the brews are cheap (we do cakes and biscuits too) and it's a really nice bookshop, i'm in no way advertising this place, just telling people that it's good thats all if you're in Blackburn anytime, come down and take a look, as i said it's a not-for-profit place so they wouldn't be making anything....it's right across from the Salvation Army near Morrisons car park (across from what used to be the bottom Tommy Balls)

come and have a look, you may like what you see
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2012, 13:28   #2
Beacon of light

Re: REBOUND book shop

I was sorry to see this shop move from Accrington. Great little shop and bought a few lovely books at reasonable prices.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 13:36   #3
God Member

It had to move Marg because of a huge rent increase on the shop, the place they are at now is a lot bigger but has been used by bootstrap for quite a few years
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 13:57   #4
Beacon of light

Yes, Shaz, it saddens me because I liked the shop and I liked the concept of it.
Accrington's loss is Blackburns gain....I hope they do well and attract lots of customers.
Old 19-03-2012, 10:38   #5
God Member

Whilst rooting through the many books we have at work i came across one by our very own Bob Dobson...'Concerning Clogs'...just saying
Old 19-03-2012, 19:10   #6
Senior Member+

Am kicking myself. I was in Blckbuirn todfay with a box of unwanted books in the car. Diodn't know about this shop, though I should because a year ago I gave themn a vanful of books. I have given lots to the Bank St 'Blind' shop. I told a mate that I had given a carful of books to the blind . He said 'Were they all in braille?'
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 19:38   #7
God Member

Haha, it's a really nice shop Bob, pop in when you're in Blackburn again, we have a cafe at the back that is doing really well, unfortunately i have to leave at the end of next week, i was only supposed to be there for 4 weeks, next week is my 5th because i am currently mentoring a girl with special needs, i'll be really sad to go...but other people need the experience too
Old 19-03-2012, 20:02   #8
God Member

Hope it leads on to something new and connected -I'm sure it's all good experience and will prove useful eventually.

Perhaps you could try volunteering at the library as an opening in the meantme or something at a local school -who knows

Best of luck.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 20:08   #9
Beacon of light

Shaz, noticed today that the Pound Bakery in Accrington were looking for staff....full time I think.
Old 20-03-2012, 05:30   #10
God Member

I knew there was a managers vacancy there Marg but didn't know of any other vacancy, i'll get on their website today and have a look, thankyou
Old 07-09-2012, 14:54   #11
God Member

has anyone been in to see this shop yet? i'm still working there and STILL trying to promote the place (i was only supposed to be here for 4 weeks, still here 6 months later because i love it so much)
Old 07-09-2012, 14:59   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well thats summat anyway, rarely in Blackburn so no idea were it is.
Old 07-09-2012, 19:08   #13
God Member

Ah its reet cashy, its what used to be the veteran pub across from what was the bottom tommy balls
Old 07-09-2012, 21:10   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Ah its reet cashy, its what used to be the veteran pub across from what was the bottom tommy balls
Will have a sneck next time were down, away next week, so god knows when.
Old 07-09-2012, 22:03   #15

Are we talking about the pound bakery (which I've heard poor reviews about and can't frequent because of my stodge addiction) or the bookshop in Blackburn? And is the Veteran not a pub any more? I'm confused!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..