Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2005, 18:49   #1
TBO

RPG Creativity Contest

Hello All! I am here because of Xiango, who reccomended these mighty forums as a place to hold my massive 10 forum-spanning competition.......

Before I carry on, I'd like to define my meaning of the word 'RPG' so we're all on common ground......

In this case we're talking about Computer Games in which the player plays the role of a character or characters as they go through the story. The feature lots of statistics - commonly 'HP or Hit Points', 'MP or Mana/Magic Points' etc.. , character development and exciting stories.

Are you with me? Good......

Hello and welcome to RPG Creativity Contest 4!

Either this is something you have long awaited or are indifferent to.... or maybe even haven't heard of untill this topic. Whatever the case, I appologise. RPG Creativity Contests are pretty time consuming things.

Now then, you may be from one of the 9 communities which are experiencing the Creativity for the first time. If so, you are probably wondering whether I just decided to call it 'RPGCC4' because the number '4' makes it sound more interesting. Well... yes, that is partly the reason, but also because there have been 3 other iterations of this competition in the past. Obviously this is going to be the most exciting.

Sorry, have I lost you? I find that some visual sustenance tends to help.

Watch the RPGG Creativity Contest Introductory Trailer
(Requires Flash Player. Can take a while to load fully)

So lets get cracking

A Brief Explanation of How It Works
------------------------------------

- You have one month-ish with which to create an idea for your dream RPG
- As you come up with ideas you can post them on this forum/topic or email them to me ([email protected]
- When the month is over, I will put all the pieces of ideas that you post or send me together into one coherent whole, and send it around to my judges who will do as their name suggests.
- At the end, each RPG will recieve a short review focusing on the strengths and weakenesses. This is for those interested in carrying their RPG further.
- I will declare the winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd), and I will also be an award for winning community for RPG ideas. If you happen to be on more than one of the featured communities, then let me know and I will count once for each of them.
- Entries may be as long or as short as you like, but larger entries will score more highly!

How They Are Judged
-------------------

For the real juicy information, please check out the Introductory Trailer. I didn't spend hours making it for nothing!

These are 3 basic things which sum up all the judging in this contest:

Story 40 points

Encorporates Setting and Characters as well as the games actual plot.

Gameplay 40 points

Encorporates all non-story aspects of the games - Battle System, Menu System, Stats, Minigames etc.

Presentation 20 points

Encorporates all images, diagrams, illustrations and advertising and overall descriptive flair.

So long as you stick to satisfying these 3 things (but mainly the first 2), you have complete freedom to do as you wish.

RPGCC4 Rules
-------------

- One person may submit more than one entries
- Entries may be Action RPG, MMORPGS, Tactical RPGs etc.... any game with RPG elements.
- Multiple people (what crazy people like to call 'Teams' these days) may work on an idea.
- If you wish to have an extension on the deadline please contact me. If there is enough requirement then I will extend it. Check out this page for general competition information such as this.

Your closest link to the bigger picture
---------------------------------------

As there will be 10 participating communities it will be difficult for me to stay in contact with rules and advice and stuff. As such I am providing you all with the same links to these pages which I will try to change.

For a more up-to-date version of the rules, please check the competition's official rules page which is more likely to be updated during the running of the competition.

If you want advice, then you may be lucky enough to get some on the competition's Possible Advice page. Who knows if this will ever be updated though.

To see currently archived entries from all communities please check out the archive webpage. Please keep in mind that it is quite a job to maintain this, and as such this site will probably not be up-to-date.

To see old entries for possible ideas please check out the badly-kept archives of the past.As a Chronicler I suck, so appologies if this looks like it's been pasted directly from assorted word documents stored on my computer.

If all else fails email me at [email protected]!
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..