Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 08:28   #1
God Member

School Trips

Reece is off bowling today for his end of term 'school trip' to be honest i think its pathetic, he is in his last 2 weeks of primary school and the furthest they are taking them is to the Bowling alley in BLACKBURN, very imaginative hey? AND they are taking them on the bus, they are all going to get soaked to the bone with this rain.

When i was a kid we used to go to places like Southport, Blackpool, Liverpool, but not Intack....they went to Blackpool zoo once when he was in the infants but thats about it, most schools go on PGL, not Intack, the nearest they got to going on a week away was when they used to go to Robin Wood in Yorkshire,in year 6, but that hasnt been going at all for the last 6 years.

so where are your kids going/have already been for their school trips this year? bet anything beats bowling in Blackburn

Last edited by flashy; 07-07-2008 at 08:31.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-07-2008, 08:46   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: School Trips

With all the H&S palaver these days he should be thankful he's even going bowling! Have they done as risk assessment on the liklihood of him dropping a bowling ball on his foot?

Seriously, a lot of school trips have come a cropper due to a mixture of H&S regulations and cutbacks in expenditure. Even the ones you pay for are subsidised.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:50   #3
God Member

My friend took a coachload of asian children to Bradford last week -
coal to Newcastle comes to mind doesn't it?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:52   #4
God Member

Junior scool one has had Chester Zoo

Secondary School, one off to Alton Towers, the other off for a day trip to france and a day at ice skating.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:01   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
With all the H&S palaver these days he should be thankful he's even going bowling! Have they done as risk assessment on the liklihood of him dropping a bowling ball on his foot?

Seriously, a lot of school trips have come a cropper due to a mixture of H&S regulations and cutbacks in expenditure. Even the ones you pay for are subsidised.

Be careful what you say, they'll have them wearing steel toe caps in them silly shoes
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:13   #6
Loz

We had loads of good trips when i was at primary and secondary school.
Went to petting farms and shows at primary and at secondary school we had loads of choices.
We could go to Alton Towers,bowling,cinema or activitie days etc..
Think its a shame with all the red tape nowadays that kids miss out on a lot of this because teachers are afraid something will happen to a pupil and they might be sued or lose there job its a joke really.
I guess its something that they are allowed any sort of trip really!
Old 07-07-2008, 11:13   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
due to a mixture of H&S regulations and cutbacks in expenditure. Even the ones you pay for are subsidised.

whose exependiture? its the parents that pay 100% of the cost, the school dont put a penny towards it
Old 07-07-2008, 11:48   #8
God Member

Son is in infants and they went to Skipton Castle but my daughter is most cheesed off because her class hasn't gone anywhere this year.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:54   #9
Senior Member+

Ty isnt going any where either....... last year he went to Bradford Photography museum and the year before he went to Rishton farm with nursery (does any one know where this is so i can take him again?? He still talks about a parrot callled monster!)

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:06   #10
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
whose exependiture? its the parents that pay 100% of the cost, the school dont put a penny towards it
Really? Wow!

Maybe our school is more generous then. I do the risk assessment and associated gubbins for school trips and there's a breakdown of the cost which includes the cost of the coach, cost of the entry fee etc and then on the other side there's the cost to each pupil and the balance which the school pays.

If fewer children go (as often happens as they don't all go if parents don't pay/send in the permission slip etc) then the cost to the school goes up.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 13:42   #11
Senior Member+

My kids would have loved to gone bowling mine went to Liverpool art gallery! (dead exciting ) cost me £7.50 for somewhere thats free to get in! and jack went to Lancaster butterfly house better but cost me £11.00 and its only £3.00 to get in. I know they have to pay for the bus but 2 classes of around 25 kids i think they made a killing!
Old 07-07-2008, 13:44   #12
God Member

the school have never forked out for anything to do with school trips willow, they are going on the bus today (or have been on the bus) now to me thats not right, like you said, have they done a risk assesment for that? have they done a risk assesment incase a child runs into the road and gets knocked over? to be honest ive never known a school take children anywhere on public transport before
Old 07-07-2008, 14:52   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
Ty isnt going any where either....... last year he went to Bradford Photography museum and the year before he went to Rishton farm with nursery (does any one know where this is so i can take him again?? He still talks about a parrot callled monster!)
This might be what you are after...........
http://www.lordshousefarm.co.uk/
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 15:08   #14

my little boy goes to a fund aided school in ossy,which i contibute to each week,and guess what?they are not having a school trip due to the expense,they are going to have a picnic in the park,im not happy to say the least.
lancscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 15:39   #15
God Member

Lauren had a disco last week for end of school A WHOLE 2 HOURS!! As for trips out and about there have been non in the last 4 years due to all the rules regs etc etc etc. It may sound cruel but to me it is better if she didnt go since being diagnosed with Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy as the attention from teachers for her would be "diluted" leading to the emergency meds she has being no good. The result would be hospital and a downer for the rest of her class.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..