Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2007, 23:41   #1
Give, give, give member

Shilpa wins CBB by a massive majority.

The Bollywood acress Shipa Shetty has won Celebrity Big Brother.

Out of the six finalists, she won a resounding 63% of the vote.

Even the nasty bullying incident aside, she was a great BB housemate, and won my heart, and vote.

Though she seemed shocked to be shown all of the clips of the nasty bitching, and the unexpected enormity of the story, she showed true grace, and even pleaded for tolerance for the bullies, as well as denying the attacks were racially motivated.

Though I'm glad the British public also decided she was a winner, it didn't really matter, she'd already won because of her dignity, and sense of fun.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-01-2007, 23:46   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Shilpa wins CBB by a massive majority.

never watched that pile of dung,but read the papers n saw the news etc etc, i think the viewers vote says a lot about the British Public.
Old 29-01-2007, 00:03   #3
Senior Member+

but to think of it - i mean ok jermain and dirk were good opponents etc

but if anyone else but shilpa had been voted i think there wud've been as big an outcry too

expected result really
Old 29-01-2007, 03:56   #4
I am Banned

even stevie wonder could see the result on this one , a combination of bleedinghearts and a slight hint of a fix

watched top gear it was more interesting and even delayed the showing of hammonds crash in full to snatch some of big brothers viewrs lol

i bet many a husband is in touble for hogging the tv with top gear rather than sit through the drivel of a no body leaving a way past its sell by date tv show

i heard she tried to stress the abuse wasnt racial but even with her saying it wasnt racial all teh people sticking up for her still insist it was

now that its obvious racial abuse or acusations of it makes good ratings i hear next years celebrities are going to be a neo nazi thug , a couple of kkk members , a few football thugs and bubba out of forest gump
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 08:03   #5
Resident Waffler

It was interesting to see that Danielle was amazed to learn that a BB row had nearly sparked off WWIII. Could they really have been discussed in parliament? It seems mad when you think about the really important issues doesn't it?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 08:31   #6
God Member

I disagree Willow, I think it's right that it's been discussed a lot. On the one hand it is a TV programme and purely entertainment but on the other it has over recent years opened up a lot of debates.

There are a lot of issues surrounding racism and its definition - yes, there clearly is still a lot of racism in the uk (I would not deny that at all, I work with it on a regular basis) but also there are a lot of over zealous do-gooders shouting racism in all manner of situations when it possibly isn't there i.e. it's a good excuse in other words - we don't get on so let's call it racism. So we do need to define what real racism is and then address it!

It doesn't matter what prompts the discussion as long as we have it.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 09:06   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
even stevie wonder could see the result on this one , a combination of bleedinghearts and a slight hint of a fix

watched top gear it was more interesting and even delayed the showing of hammonds crash in full to snatch some of big brothers viewrs lol

i bet many a husband is in touble for hogging the tv with top gear rather than sit through the drivel of a no body leaving a way past its sell by date tv show

i heard she tried to stress the abuse wasnt racial but even with her saying it wasnt racial all teh people sticking up for her still insist it was

now that its obvious racial abuse or acusations of it makes good ratings i hear next years celebrities are going to be a neo nazi thug , a couple of kkk members , a few football thugs and bubba out of forest gump
Oh do stop twittering on.

Wasn't it last night you got all giddy about your monthly 'hunks in trunks' American wrestling?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 11:23   #8
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I disagree Willow, I think it's right that it's been discussed a lot. On the one hand it is a TV programme and purely entertainment but on the other it has over recent years opened up a lot of debates.

There are a lot of issues surrounding racism and its definition - yes, there clearly is still a lot of racism in the uk (I would not deny that at all, I work with it on a regular basis) but also there are a lot of over zealous do-gooders shouting racism in all manner of situations when it possibly isn't there i.e. it's a good excuse in other words - we don't get on so let's call it racism. So we do need to define what real racism is and then address it!

It doesn't matter what prompts the discussion as long as we have it.
I was referring to the fact that Danielle seemed bemused that a row in the BB house could have led to debates in the House of Commons when there are more serious things going on like people being killed in Iraq.

I read the response by Shilpa's parents which I thought made a lot more sense than anything else which has been said on the subject. They seem to have it in proportion and have a far more adult attitude than anyone else.

Of course there are far too many situations where people claim they have been subject to racism when all they have been subject to is a disagreement on some matter from someone of a different race. That isn't racism but we (as a country) seem to be losing the definition of what racism actually is.

For people to acknowledge that there are different races and differences between the races and that some physical traits (blue eyes for instance) are very rare in some races is not racism, it's merely observation of fact - like the time a friend of my daughter when she was at primary school said that white skin was better than brown. It may have seemed a racist comment on the surface and something to worry about - but when I asked her why she replied that when she drew on her own brown legs she couldn't see what she'd drawn as well as she could when she drew on my daughter's pale legs!

When people accuse others falsely of racism perhaps their own racist attitude needs to be questioned.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 11:40   #9
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

she only won because of what happened! FIX!!!!
jermaine should have got it, not shilpa to me that was a sympathy vote!
Old 29-01-2007, 12:29   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

Wasn't it last night you got all giddy about your monthly 'hunks in trunks' American wrestling?

yep but at least wwe wrestleing has the decency to admit its fake

it wouldnt be so bad but lots of people text in to vote which isnt free , big brother should be investigated for fraud but then again it wuold only give the show more publicity and contoversy if they got found out

Last edited by chav1; 29-01-2007 at 12:37.
Old 29-01-2007, 13:12   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

uurrgghhhh more like boring punks in trunks

Yes i expect a few tutting comments from me neighbours
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 13:13   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
yep but at least wwe wrestleing has the decency to admit its fake

it wouldnt be so bad but lots of people text in to vote which isnt free , big brother should be investigated for fraud but then again it wuold only give the show more publicity and contoversy if they got found out
How can u watch that rubbish i'd rather watch a fixed BB given the choice a good cure for insomnia
Old 29-01-2007, 14:13   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
How can u watch that rubbish i'd rather watch a fixed BB given the choice a good cure for insomnia
so your saying bb is so boring it sends you to sleep ?
Old 29-01-2007, 14:21   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
so your saying bb is so boring it sends you to sleep ?
No the jessies in trunks do ((((((((yawn)))))))) prefer BB its more interesting lol
Old 29-01-2007, 14:39   #15
God Member

Hmmm now then, which one would I prefer on to watch, Leo Sayer or some punk in trunks called Randy Orton? Hard decision ....... NOT!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leoRg120107_243x221.jpg (24.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 200px-RandyKOrton.jpg (11.2 KB, 19 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..