Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2008, 18:15   #1
God Member

Smarties

Does anyone else think that Smarties have gotten delightfully fruitier? I love them. Bring back the old tubes though. Fun. Madness. Smarties.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2008, 18:17   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Smarties

do you remember when they ran a comp a few years back an you had to guess at the new flavour?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 18:36   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
do you remember when they ran a comp a few years back an you had to guess at the new flavour?
No, what was the answer emamum ?

Are they still doing the red ones, was some controversy, if I remember, 'bout the e numbers or summat
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 21:00   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
No, what was the answer emamum ?

Are they still doing the red ones, was some controversy, if I remember, 'bout the e numbers or summat
Wasn't that the blue?

All colours probably have them.

I know a child who can't have smarties as they send him loopy.
Old 08-05-2008, 21:07   #5
God Member

Smarties are just too small - now if they made them the same size as minstrels I'd be happy.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 21:10   #6
Senior Member+

I loved the old tubes you could have so much fun with them but now health and safety has forced them out dont want anyone choking now do we! my faves are the orange ones oooh i love em.
Old 08-05-2008, 21:10   #7
I am Banned

didnt you used to be able to buy giant ones?
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 21:11   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I know a child who can't have smarties as they send her loopy.
Fiesty are you reading the thread?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 21:16   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Fiesty are you reading the thread?
Do you mean 'feisty' ?

Bit of a thread wander from smarties but......yes, I would say that I am.
Old 08-05-2008, 21:19   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Do you mean 'feisty' ?

Bit of a thread wander from smarties but......yes, I would say that I am.
Didn't mean you or I would have said feisty...I meant the author of the thread..........spelling was never one of my attributes...but who cares..only a bit of harmless fum...

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 21:22   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Didn't mean you or I would have said feisty...I meant the author of the thread..........spelling was never one of my attributes...but who cares..only a bit of harmless fum...
I know. It was just a little joke.
Old 08-05-2008, 22:00   #12
God Member

I don't like smarties, but while we were at the park today with the little en, another Mum was giving her child smarties, but telling him he wasn't having the blue ones

I thought that now they had gotten rid of all the E numbers and stuff, might just be my imagination
Old 08-05-2008, 22:02   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
I don't like smarties, but while we were at the park today with the little en, another Mum was giving her child smarties, but telling him he wasn't having the blue ones

I thought that now they had gotten rid of all the E numbers and stuff, might just be my imagination
yep.... thats what the advert says

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:11   #14
God Member

Anyone eat the red ones last?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:42   #15
Senior Member+

They have removed all the artificial colourings and flavourings from smarties, I think that they've done that will all their "sweets" now. I must admit having had some in an egg et easter i'm not as keen on them as they used to be, the only one that still tastes the same as it used to is the orange one.

The old tube, like many others I used to fire the lid at people.

Bring back the old smarties tube!!!
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..