Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 19:41   #1
Senior Member+

Support Our Troops - Support Starbucks Coffee???????/

A friend who also served, sent me this - prefer Costa's anyway but will go without now if Starbucks is the only option.

Subject:Starbucks disgraceful actions
Note: Forwarded message is attached.

Can only pass this on...words fail me.

For your information Recently, British Royal Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees, and to request that they send some of it to the troops there.
Starbucks replied, telling the Royal Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should support them by NOT buying any of their products!

I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some people, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground, fighting street-to-street and, house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along.
Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more

Sgt. Howard Wright, 1st Platoon, Recon Company, Royal Marines
PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS... PLEASE PASS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR E- MAIL LIST, IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE BEEN WOUNDED, LOST LIMBS AND EVEN DIED, SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE!

Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit, the fire fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for the survivors and workers, and Starbucks CHARGED THEM!!!

AN ADDED NOTE TO THIS: STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON SEVERAL MILITARY BASES IN THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THIS.
There are 227 Starbucks stores across the UK , and there's no doubt that our soldiers would get the same response from this company, so let us do our bit and boycott Starbucks to show them how despicable their actions are.

Last edited by Mick; 02-10-2009 at 21:10.
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2009, 20:03   #2
God Member

Re: Support Our Troops - Support Starbucks Coffee???????/

It's a hoax
Old 02-10-2009, 20:06   #3
God Member

its a hoax

http://www.boycottwatch.org/misc/starbucks2.htm
Old 03-10-2009, 07:05   #4
Senior Member+

Thanks for the clarification flashy
Old 03-10-2009, 07:09   #5
God Member

no probs, i've done this before, got an email off someone warning me about something, i've put it on here and its been a hoax, better off googling it when you get it, thats what i do now

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..