Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2008, 16:15   #1
God Member

Thankyou Accyweb from SOS

Registered Charity Number 1120684

To all at Accrington web
As area representative of Support Our Soldiers I am writing , rather belatedly , to thank you for your donation to the xmas appeal .
I personally, despatched 56 parcels, while our organisation, as a whole managed a staggering 15,351!!!
I only became Area Co Ordinator in October 2007 and hope to improve on this figure in 2008 .
The parcels all arrived safely and were gratefully received , I have since received several replies from soldiers expressing their gratitude. Extracts from the letters received read:

" This time of year can be very lonely on operations for a soldier , and efforts made by you and people like you make all the difference."

" I personally had no xmas gifts to open this year due the postal situation so your gifts gave me something to open and for that i thank you."

"Please remember your parcels bring smiles to faces out here"

" We would all like to say a big thank you for the parcel you sent out. It was very much appreciated by all the lads here. The decorations you put in certainly have helped to bring a bit of Christmas cheer to the place. I'm afraid we couldn't wait till Christmas day to eat the mince pies but they went down a treat with a cup of tea. Thanks again, from all the lads at ............. Helmand."

As can be seen from the above I think our efforts were deeply appreciated and I personally would like to thank each and every one of you. Without your support none of this would have been possible.
Our works goes on throughout the year and donations are always welcome , Should you wish to help in the near future or have a fundraising idea please get intouch [email protected]
So again thank you one and all and I hope you will consider supporting this worthy cause in the future.

Yours sincerely
Melanie Mullen (Area CoOrdinator Blackpool)
Email [email protected]
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2008, 16:27   #2
white rabbits

Re: Thankyou Accyweb from SOS

Tell Them To Keep Their Spirits Up
grannyclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 10:34   #3

What a fantastic effort which would be appreciated by the chaps our there more than you would ever know - my son being one of them. He actually wasn't able to benefit being "out and about" for a few weeks at the time and not returning to camp. He had boil in the bag army rations on X-mas day! Now injured (shrapnel) - not too serious I am told - the tank having driven over a mine. His comrades were not all as lucky. It is lonely for them out there and the fact that people who don't even know them actually care, must be a good feeling. From a grateful Mum, thank you all.
Sue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 12:30   #4
God Member

Hi Sue
pm sent ................................
Old 22-01-2008, 15:12   #5
Senior Member+

Mel,if you gave us some ideas as to what kind of stuff you send over there during the year maybe we could put together some more?xXx

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 20:38   #6
God Member

Hi Misskitty and thankyou very much
stuff they make use of throughout the year are
hot water bottles (just sent my own lad one today)
Lip Balm or small tubs vaseline
sun lotion
toothepaste etc
and also just bits of confectionary
ie nuts crisps
choc bars , energy bars
mints , gum , magazines,
almost what i put in the xmas ones but without the festive stuff ,

I am just sending bulk boxes throughout the year and they share them out when they recieve them but anyone wanting to make a box up is fine too just pm me . .
Thanks for asking kitty

« wet | The Fall Guy »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..