Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By Eric
  • 2 Post By dotti34
  • 2 Post By Turtle
  • 3 Post By Eric

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2014, 18:41   #1
God Member

That Feels Goooood.

No it doesn't ... It feels GREEEEEEEEAT. I took my snow shovel; thanked it for staying with me through all the shoveling; laid it gently on the ground; and smashed the ever lovin' out of it with a sledge hammer. It's a tradition with me ... and not a bad one, as many beers and much smoking lubricate the ceremony, this wonderful rite de passage through which I pass into Spring. I just hope the weather co-operates.

I just thought I would share this. Why not? Anything goes, eh. However, if anyone else has a quirky ritual which makes them feel good, feel free to share.
shillelagh, dotti34 and Turtle like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2014, 22:11   #2

Re: That Feels Goooood.

The ritual of waking up every morning and getting out of bed is about as quirky as I get these days.....at least it makes me feel good.
Eric and Turtle like this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 22:48   #3

This isn't really quirky at all, but I really enjoy washing the car, lovingly polishing and protecting all of its surfaces to banish all signs of winter. I spend hours on this, and enjoy every minute. Then, with stereo at full blast with some great tunes, I drive it to a Dairy Queen and gorge myself on an ice cream sundae: maybe a Peanut Buster Parfait (my all time favourite.) This year with the convertible, I'm going to do it with the top down. If it's a sunny warm day, so much the better. But some years I just can't wait. As long as it isn't snowing, I might just do it next week
Eric and dotti34 like this.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 00:59   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
The ritual of waking up every morning and getting out of bed is about as quirky as I get these days.....at least it makes me feel good.
And may there be many more days for you, hon. I like waking up too ... usually with a wet nose in my face, and the smell of dog breath in the air. But as long as I wake up, and there's nobody shoveling dirt on my face, I know I'm going to have not a bad day.
dotti34, DaveinGermany and Turtle like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..