Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2005, 01:56   #1
I am Banned

wanna beat speed cameras..?

just watched a video clip from top gear and they conducted a test to see if they could beat the speed camera and they suceeded

only problem is you need to be traveling at 170mph to beat it lol

http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/1043.html
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-11-2005, 07:42   #2

Re: wanna beat speed cameras..?

Quality...............
Old 09-11-2005, 08:54   #3
God Member

IIRC its nowhere near 170 to actually fail to trigger the gatso, 145 springs to mind but I'm not sure. So, hands up, who owns a vehicle that can do it?

<fx: Ian sticks up two hands >
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 09:08   #4
Member.

Don’t you think these things are dangerous enough? lol. There is trap that set close to where I am that always impresses me. The speed Camera is position mid way between Traffic Lights at a major intersection and a hill that raises quickly to the crest. Every now and then a nice gentleman in a blue suite will come and sit in his little white van and zap people has they depress the accelerator cresting the hill. It’s a little disconcerting when you come over the top to find a boy racer hitting the brakes. The really dangerous bit is that you eyes focus on the little white van and then Speedo first before you see the other idiot in front.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 12:20   #5
I am Banned

on trevor mcdonald they tested the mobile speed cameras that the police use to zap drivers and found that when they pointed it at a stationary parked car the speed gun said it was traveling at 8mph

they are unreliable and thousands of motorists are getting points and fines unfairly
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 12:39   #6
God Member

There was also cases of cameras pointing at the back of vans in stationary traffic that were setting off the camera which caught the car behind! This was in penwortham preston. Something about teh roller shutter vibrating was triggering the speeed sensor. If the people checking teh pictures didn't check that teh car had moved a certain distance along teh lines then a fine was automatically sent out.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:43   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

so all we want is a TVR and a death wish lolll.
Old 10-11-2005, 15:04   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
so all we want is a TVR and a death wish lolll.
You get me the TVR and I'll provide the death wish
Old 10-11-2005, 21:33   #9
God Member

You don't need a TVR, A nice Volvo estate will do fine
Old 10-11-2005, 21:37   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
You don't need a TVR, A nice Volvo estate will do fine
Give me a break! If I'm gonna die trying, I'm gonna do it in style with a smile on my face!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..