Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2005, 19:44   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

What Not To Eat/Drink While Using Your Computer

Not been much of a day for me P.C. wise things crashing out & so on but the latest thing to happen has made me decide that NEVER, EVER, AGAIN, will I drink cup-a-soup while working at my keyboard.

I've had the odd oops such as placing the coffee too near the keyboard but the consequences of it haven't really caused any permanent damage.

We all have an internal clock mine has served me well over the last few decades only occasionally letting me down, However trying to use the same time scale as automatically knowing when your coffee is cool enough to drink to a cup-a-soup has far reaching consequences.

In the first place the said beverage developes a skin over the top of the liquid helping with it's insulation qualities. So when your internal timer goes off with a 'ding' (yes, mine does sound like a micro-wave am I modern or what?), you pick up your cup, take a tentative sip while concentrating on what you are doing on your computer, Auto-pilot tells you, "yep, that's cool enough", you then take a very large amount of the beverage into your mouth breaking the afore-mentioned skin, moving your cup to that place of safety that you have incorperated away from your work area.

It is then that the nerves in your tongue, mouth & lips announce that you have made a mistake, because you have moved your cup well out of reach there is only one thing you can do & automatically you do it, you spray the offending liquid all over your keyboard, were it now defies the forces of physics by turning into a cold hard congealed mass that you know unlike coffee (no sugar just a dash of milk) with it's natural flow, will definately clog the keys, oh hell croutons as well!

So that has been my Sunday afternoon how was your's? The one bonus from this is that having been forced to clean my keyboard I can now read all of the keys, wow & there was me thinking I would have to get a new keyboard.

Now it's your turn, what would you recommend NOT to eat or drink while working at your computer?

Last edited by Less; 10-04-2005 at 20:34.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-04-2005, 22:21   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: What Not To Eat/Drink While Using Your Computer

I've never had such an exciting experience Less but I don't recommend eating chinese pork ribs. It's that sticky coating, just can't help getting into places you didn't know existed.

Cleaning my keyboard doesn't help me see the keys, I've worn all the letters and numbers so much that some of them have totally disappeared. That's my excuse for typos.

The kids are quite good at getting crumbs inside the mouse.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 22:39   #3
white rabbits

while i am writing this i am eating some planters dry roasted nuts ,,,,,,,no probs lol
Old 11-04-2005, 00:43   #4
God Member

Don't drink anything whilst in the chatroom with the motley crue the amount of times I've sprayed my monitor with beer at something thats been said is uncountable

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..