Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 09:54   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Why Have They Changed The Design Of Sowing Needles?

I have never been one for such domestic chores as putting a button back on shirts, a stitch in time to me means use a paper staple to hold it together.

Having said that, my blanket stitch can almost pass as useable, so when my 'new', (by new I mean less than a year old), jacket got a tear in one of the pockets, I thought perhaps I should go to the attic and get the ex-wife's sowing kit out.

Now I remember the days years ago when a needle had a sharp pointy bit and a slightly blunter bit with an eye in it to assist in pushing the thread into the cloth.

This lot of needles seemed to be defective with the aid of a finger tip I could tell the difference between the sharp and blunt end of the needle but having established which end was which, no matter how hard I squinted none of them had an eye in the blunt end.

Only when I resorted to using a very strong magnifying glass could I discern that well actually yes there is an eye but it seems to have shrunk.

Is this a new design feature they have added? Did we used to have extra large needles way back then? Or could it just be that horror of horror's, my eyesight isn't what it used to be?

Well I am determined now that I have started the job will be finished.....Oh no! I've run out of staples for my stapler, could someone e-mail me a few?

Something about this size might be of use to me!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2008, 10:52   #2
God Member

Re: Why Have They Changed The Design Of Sowing Needles?

lol i agree with you there Less, i dont have trouble with seeing the eyes in needles but i do often prick my finger on the sharp end whilst trying to sew, if you want any sewing doing by hand then take it to someone who can see
Old 04-03-2008, 11:15   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

whats a needle?
Old 04-03-2008, 11:56   #4
Senior Member+

I think whats wrong with your needle Less is that it no longer has a woman attatched to the end of it

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 14:30   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
I think whats wrong with your needle Less is that it no longer has a woman attatched to the end of it
No I think your wrong there, having a woman attached is a major flaw to just about everything, especially marriage!

No woman should be allowed near anything sharp and potentially dangerous to her partner, (this includes an overcooked piece of spaggetti).

I think we men could all survive without buttons etc. but women do insist on using them. Is there something you think we should hide?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 14:42   #6
Member.

I agree with you Less. Woman are terrible beasties with or without pointy bits.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..