Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Jobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f72/)
-   -   Urgent Yellow Pages Distributors Required (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f72/urgent-yellow-pages-distributors-required-10464.html)

carole 27-04-2005 12:58

Urgent Yellow Pages Distributors Required

Anyone interested in delivering Yellow Pages please contact me on 01254 382004 urgently.
I need people to deliver in Gt Harwood and Langho.
Only requirements are..... car owner, a few hours to spare daily, available on friday morning (29 Apr) to collect books at Hyndburn sports centre.
You would have 1 week to deliver approx 700 books.
Extra money could be available if delivering out of home area.
Carole

entwisi 27-04-2005 16:05

Re: Urgent Yellow Pages Distributors Required

How much does it pay?

carole 28-04-2005 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi
How much does it pay?

All routes have been timed and are paid at £4.85 per hour. We find that a lot of people will complete a route in a weekend or on a couple of nights a week.
example route price 783 books in area of terraced streets = £96.38.
390 books in area of semi detached and/or houses with drives = £68.98

WillowTheWhisp 28-04-2005 09:25

A few years ago my late husband and I did it. It took a lot longer than a couple of nights.

We were told to make return visits to people who were not home and had to get signatures from people every so often to prove we had been on their road.

Add the cost of petrol to that plus the hassle from people who wanted to know why the street next to theirs had their delivery the day before (or even earlier that evening), mad dogs which try to bite your hand off when you attempt to put a note through the door, having to go during the day to offices and factories, and finding a lot of demolished property (hadn't existed for years but no previous deliverer had reported the fact) and newly built property where they hadn't been allocated a copy................you could say it was a bit of a challenge. Oh, and shoe leather too. lol

We had terraced streets but they were garden fronted with steps up (anything between half a dozen and a dozen or more) so we had to come down one lot and then up the next one etc. That's probably why it took much longer.

removal-man 28-04-2005 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
A few years ago my late husband and I did it. It took a lot longer than a couple of nights.

We were told to make return visits to people who were not home and had to get signatures from people every so often to prove we had been on their road.

Add the cost of petrol to that plus the hassle from people who wanted to know why the street next to theirs had their delivery the day before (or even earlier that evening), mad dogs which try to bite your hand off when you attempt to put a note through the door, having to go during the day to offices and factories, and finding a lot of demolished property (hadn't existed for years but no previous deliverer had reported the fact) and newly built property where they hadn't been allocated a copy................you could say it was a bit of a challenge. Oh, and shoe leather too. lol

We had terraced streets but they were garden fronted with steps up (anything between half a dozen and a dozen or more) so we had to come down one lot and then up the next one etc. That's probably why it took much longer.

NOT WORTH THE TIME OR HASSLE FOR THE PITTANCE THEY PAY.

vorlon24 28-04-2005 17:42

You should see what they charge to get an entry in there - a full page ad costs in the region of £12,000.

Probably more than that now, as that was a year ago

removal-man 28-04-2005 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon24
You should see what they charge to get an entry in there - a full page ad costs in the region of £12,000.

yellow pages came to see me about advertising with them this year. the rep came to my home and i told him a linage advertisement was what i wanted. he said well let me do a copy for a small display advertisement. he did a display ad and when they sent me the copy they had the wrong telephone number on it. he told me on his visit that i could pay by monthly installments as the advertisement, although only small, was 1,600 pounds. he then told me that removal men, along with several other trades were bad payers and that i had to pay in full upfront. i did not then book the advertisement. i was pestered for two weeks solid. i just hung up everytime i heard his voice on the phone.

Gobsmacked 29-04-2005 12:20

No wonder huge piles of the wretched things get dumped in the fields around here. Delivering them is hardly worth anyone's time and effort.

removal-man 29-04-2005 17:23

I WOULD THANK ANYONE WHO CAN SUPPLY ME WITH A COPY OF THE YELLOW PAGES AS SOON AS IT APPEARS, PLEASE

entwisi 29-04-2005 21:41

I must admit I wouldn't do it for that money.

Still, I guess I'm spoiled and it may be a nice earner for someone to earn a few extra quid.

cashman 01-05-2005 23:09

you would have to NEED the money to do it for that.

mani 04-05-2005 13:11

removal man

did u get ur copy? if not i got one here going

removal-man 04-05-2005 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by mani
removal man

did u get ur copy? if not i got one here going

thanks, daughter brought one sunday, wanted to see if my advertisement was correct as they managed to send the copy with a wrong telephone number.

jelly baby 08-05-2005 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp

Signatures are not required now. Books can be left at the property, many people leave them on the doorstep, (although they aren't supposed to) and you wouldn't be expected to make return visits now.

Neal 24-05-2005 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon24

£12,000? I think you need to double check that. My advert only cost around £500 and that was a medium sized one. Half a page was around £1000

See if you can spot me under Security Services and Equipment