Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2005, 12:58   #1
Junior Member+

Post Urgent Yellow Pages Distributors Required

Anyone interested in delivering Yellow Pages please contact me on 01254 382004 urgently.
I need people to deliver in Gt Harwood and Langho.
Only requirements are..... car owner, a few hours to spare daily, available on friday morning (29 Apr) to collect books at Hyndburn sports centre.
You would have 1 week to deliver approx 700 books.
Extra money could be available if delivering out of home area.
Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-04-2005, 16:05   #2
God Member

Re: Urgent Yellow Pages Distributors Required

How much does it pay?
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 09:17   #3
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
How much does it pay?
All routes have been timed and are paid at £4.85 per hour. We find that a lot of people will complete a route in a weekend or on a couple of nights a week.
example route price 783 books in area of terraced streets = £96.38.
390 books in area of semi detached and/or houses with drives = £68.98
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 09:25   #4
Resident Waffler

A few years ago my late husband and I did it. It took a lot longer than a couple of nights.

We were told to make return visits to people who were not home and had to get signatures from people every so often to prove we had been on their road.

Add the cost of petrol to that plus the hassle from people who wanted to know why the street next to theirs had their delivery the day before (or even earlier that evening), mad dogs which try to bite your hand off when you attempt to put a note through the door, having to go during the day to offices and factories, and finding a lot of demolished property (hadn't existed for years but no previous deliverer had reported the fact) and newly built property where they hadn't been allocated a copy................you could say it was a bit of a challenge. Oh, and shoe leather too. lol

We had terraced streets but they were garden fronted with steps up (anything between half a dozen and a dozen or more) so we had to come down one lot and then up the next one etc. That's probably why it took much longer.

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 28-04-2005 at 09:27.
WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 17:37   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
A few years ago my late husband and I did it. It took a lot longer than a couple of nights.

We were told to make return visits to people who were not home and had to get signatures from people every so often to prove we had been on their road.

Add the cost of petrol to that plus the hassle from people who wanted to know why the street next to theirs had their delivery the day before (or even earlier that evening), mad dogs which try to bite your hand off when you attempt to put a note through the door, having to go during the day to offices and factories, and finding a lot of demolished property (hadn't existed for years but no previous deliverer had reported the fact) and newly built property where they hadn't been allocated a copy................you could say it was a bit of a challenge. Oh, and shoe leather too. lol

We had terraced streets but they were garden fronted with steps up (anything between half a dozen and a dozen or more) so we had to come down one lot and then up the next one etc. That's probably why it took much longer.
NOT WORTH THE TIME OR HASSLE FOR THE PITTANCE THEY PAY.
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 17:42   #6
Senior Member+

You should see what they charge to get an entry in there - a full page ad costs in the region of £12,000.

Probably more than that now, as that was a year ago

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 18:06   #7
I am Banned

Exclamation Re: Urgent Yellow Pages Distributors Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
You should see what they charge to get an entry in there - a full page ad costs in the region of £12,000.

yellow pages came to see me about advertising with them this year. the rep came to my home and i told him a linage advertisement was what i wanted. he said well let me do a copy for a small display advertisement. he did a display ad and when they sent me the copy they had the wrong telephone number on it. he told me on his visit that i could pay by monthly installments as the advertisement, although only small, was 1,600 pounds. he then told me that removal men, along with several other trades were bad payers and that i had to pay in full upfront. i did not then book the advertisement. i was pestered for two weeks solid. i just hung up everytime i heard his voice on the phone.
Old 29-04-2005, 12:20   #8

No wonder huge piles of the wretched things get dumped in the fields around here. Delivering them is hardly worth anyone's time and effort.
Old 29-04-2005, 17:23   #9
I am Banned

I WOULD THANK ANYONE WHO CAN SUPPLY ME WITH A COPY OF THE YELLOW PAGES AS SOON AS IT APPEARS, PLEASE
Old 29-04-2005, 21:41   #10
God Member

I must admit I wouldn't do it for that money.

Still, I guess I'm spoiled and it may be a nice earner for someone to earn a few extra quid.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 23:09   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

you would have to NEED the money to do it for that.
Old 04-05-2005, 13:11   #12
Senior Member+

removal man

did u get ur copy? if not i got one here going
Old 04-05-2005, 13:15   #13
I am Banned

Talking Re: Urgent Yellow Pages Distributors Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
removal man

did u get ur copy? if not i got one here going
thanks, daughter brought one sunday, wanted to see if my advertisement was correct as they managed to send the copy with a wrong telephone number.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:47   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp

Signatures are not required now. Books can be left at the property, many people leave them on the doorstep, (although they aren't supposed to) and you wouldn't be expected to make return visits now.

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2005, 20:29   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24

£12,000? I think you need to double check that. My advert only cost around £500 and that was a medium sized one. Half a page was around £1000

See if you can spot me under Security Services and Equipment

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..