Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Jobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f72/)
-   -   Employment/job agencies (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f72/employment-job-agencies-40209.html)

Stanleymad 10-06-2008 07:49

Employment/job agencies

Can anyone suggest or recommend good local employment agencies that caters for general, admin or retail work for job applicants & where they are ?? Job centre is a bit scraping the barrel on the job front & need to widen my scope.

TIA:D

AccyLass 10-06-2008 09:38

Re: Employment/job agencies

There is driver hire (not driving jobs, well not all of them) and that is on Abbey Street nr Clive's barbers I think and then is it Cummins and Mellor on Whalley Rd?

AccyLass 10-06-2008 09:39

WOuld ya best bet not be to go through the yellow pages and give them all a ring and see what they are offering?

lancsdave 10-06-2008 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyLass27 (Post 590201)
and then is it Cummins and Mellor on Whalley Rd?

Yes it is

http://www.cummins-mellor.co.uk/contact.html

tosh 10-06-2008 09:44

PUT your cv on monster.com my son did that and had a job in two week''s
good luck

harwood red 10-06-2008 10:32

I would recommend temping, it gives you an opportunity to find out what you enjoy doing the most and often leads to permanent work.

I ended up with my current job because of the experience I had got with temping..

I had a permenant job and really hated it, so saved up for a couple of months, gave my notice in and took the summer hols off with my kids and lived on the money I had saved, then in the september I went temping, whilst applying for permanent work and ended up with my current employment in the November... and that was over 6 years ago :)

Neil 10-06-2008 10:37

Try this one - Agency

Stanleymad 10-06-2008 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red (Post 590257)
I would recommend temping, it gives you an opportunity to find out what you enjoy doing the most and often leads to permanent work.

I ended up with my current job because of the experience I had got with temping..

I had a permenant job and really hated it, so saved up for a couple of months, gave my notice in and took the summer hols off with my kids and lived on the money I had saved, then in the september I went temping, whilst applying for permanent work and ended up with my current employment in the November... and that was over 6 years ago :)

Now thats thinking along the same lines heehehe, i've been so long out of the employment circle being stuck as a stay at home parent for well over a decade, last thing i need is a job i cannot stand [been there done that], also finding getting back on the employment ladder after such a long long gap out of it, very hard as things have no doubt changed since i last worked, also confidence that what i have on paper matches the job due to gaps of work & experience etc - a lot different to the voluntary sector. Which temp agency did you use or know of?

Stanleymad 10-06-2008 11:04

Only trouble with places like monster.com & even looking at cummins is it hugely caters for more professional careers, rather than the bottom rung ladder entry or general work for not so experienced or skilled....:(

Stanleymad 10-06-2008 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 590262)
Try this one - Agency

:rofl38: ..........................:eek: erm pass too much competition for that work Neil;)

fc:stanley 10-06-2008 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 590273)
Only trouble with places like monster.com & even looking at cummins is it hugely caters for more professional careers, rather than the bottom rung ladder entry or general work for not so experienced or skilled....:(

Is that really true? , because was thinking of nipping in there today later on!

harwood red 10-06-2008 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 590270)
Now thats thinking along the same lines heehehe, i've been so long out of the employment circle being stuck as a stay at home parent for well over a decade, last thing i need is a job i cannot stand [been there done that], also finding getting back on the employment ladder after such a long long gap out of it, very hard as things have no doubt changed since i last worked, also confidence that what i have on paper matches the job due to gaps of work & experience etc - a lot different to the voluntary sector. Which temp agency did you use or know of?

completely forgotten who I used but I know for admin work our place uses spring

www.springpersonnel.com try having a nosy at their website

Stanleymad 10-06-2008 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 590275)
Is that really true? , because was thinking of nipping in there today later on!

Nip in geee u might find it good & then u can tell me all about it hahahaha, it was my observation looking into the jobs they were advertising, wasn't suited to my cv or experience sort of speak:D

So go & see fcstanley:D

slinky 10-06-2008 13:11

Have you ever thought of receptionist work?? or hotel work??

Have a look at this site... ;)

http://www.cafe-societe.co.uk/jobsinthenorth.htm

Or give Sean a ring on 01254 234955

The office is where the old specsavers used to be.

There is always new jobs coming up that you may be interested in.

katex 10-06-2008 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 590273)

Can only re-iterate what I said on another thread if any help ... they were extremely good at finding temporary jobs for my son when he spent the summer break from Uni at home ... was 6 years ago though, and mind you, one of the jobs was at Holland's Pies:D Obviously, just non-professional jobs, worth a try I am sure.