Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 07:49   #1
God Member

Question Employment/job agencies

Can anyone suggest or recommend good local employment agencies that caters for general, admin or retail work for job applicants & where they are ?? Job centre is a bit scraping the barrel on the job front & need to widen my scope.

TIA

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-06-2008, 09:38   #2
God Member

Re: Employment/job agencies

There is driver hire (not driving jobs, well not all of them) and that is on Abbey Street nr Clive's barbers I think and then is it Cummins and Mellor on Whalley Rd?
Old 10-06-2008, 09:39   #3
God Member

WOuld ya best bet not be to go through the yellow pages and give them all a ring and see what they are offering?
Old 10-06-2008, 09:41   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
and then is it Cummins and Mellor on Whalley Rd?

Yes it is

http://www.cummins-mellor.co.uk/contact.html
Old 10-06-2008, 09:44   #5
Resting In Peace

PUT your cv on monster.com my son did that and had a job in two week''s
good luck
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:32   #6
God Member

I would recommend temping, it gives you an opportunity to find out what you enjoy doing the most and often leads to permanent work.

I ended up with my current job because of the experience I had got with temping..

I had a permenant job and really hated it, so saved up for a couple of months, gave my notice in and took the summer hols off with my kids and lived on the money I had saved, then in the september I went temping, whilst applying for permanent work and ended up with my current employment in the November... and that was over 6 years ago

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:37   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Try this one - Agency
Old 10-06-2008, 11:02   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
I would recommend temping, it gives you an opportunity to find out what you enjoy doing the most and often leads to permanent work.

I ended up with my current job because of the experience I had got with temping..

I had a permenant job and really hated it, so saved up for a couple of months, gave my notice in and took the summer hols off with my kids and lived on the money I had saved, then in the september I went temping, whilst applying for permanent work and ended up with my current employment in the November... and that was over 6 years ago
Now thats thinking along the same lines heehehe, i've been so long out of the employment circle being stuck as a stay at home parent for well over a decade, last thing i need is a job i cannot stand [been there done that], also finding getting back on the employment ladder after such a long long gap out of it, very hard as things have no doubt changed since i last worked, also confidence that what i have on paper matches the job due to gaps of work & experience etc - a lot different to the voluntary sector. Which temp agency did you use or know of?

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 10-06-2008, 11:04   #9
God Member

Only trouble with places like monster.com & even looking at cummins is it hugely caters for more professional careers, rather than the bottom rung ladder entry or general work for not so experienced or skilled....

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 10-06-2008, 11:07   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Try this one - Agency
.......................... erm pass too much competition for that work Neil

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 10-06-2008, 11:18   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Only trouble with places like monster.com & even looking at cummins is it hugely caters for more professional careers, rather than the bottom rung ladder entry or general work for not so experienced or skilled....
Is that really true? , because was thinking of nipping in there today later on!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:03   #12
God Member

Quote:
Now thats thinking along the same lines heehehe, i've been so long out of the employment circle being stuck as a stay at home parent for well over a decade, last thing i need is a job i cannot stand [been there done that], also finding getting back on the employment ladder after such a long long gap out of it, very hard as things have no doubt changed since i last worked, also confidence that what i have on paper matches the job due to gaps of work & experience etc - a lot different to the voluntary sector. Which temp agency did you use or know of?
completely forgotten who I used but I know for admin work our place uses spring

www.springpersonnel.com try having a nosy at their website

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:48   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Is that really true? , because was thinking of nipping in there today later on!
Nip in geee u might find it good & then u can tell me all about it hahahaha, it was my observation looking into the jobs they were advertising, wasn't suited to my cv or experience sort of speak

So go & see fcstanley

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 10-06-2008, 13:11   #14
God Member

Have you ever thought of receptionist work?? or hotel work??

Have a look at this site...

http://www.cafe-societe.co.uk/jobsinthenorth.htm

Or give Sean a ring on 01254 234955

The office is where the old specsavers used to be.

There is always new jobs coming up that you may be interested in.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 13:38   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Can only re-iterate what I said on another thread if any help ... they were extremely good at finding temporary jobs for my son when he spent the summer break from Uni at home ... was 6 years ago though, and mind you, one of the jobs was at Holland's Pies Obviously, just non-professional jobs, worth a try I am sure.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..