Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2006, 03:47   #1
Senior Member+

being a special...

i was reading about that off-duty policewoman that got killed the other day and it got me thinking about people who are specials in the police force.

and a few q's popped into my head and i thought i'd ask on here...

do u think its worth it bein a special? i have quite a few hrs spare during the week and wouldnt mind applying but i'm just weighing it all up.

i remember readin soemtime ago about a special that did die in the line of duty but no compensation was paid to the family. though one doesnt bear to think u do have to think of ur family b4 anything.

anyone know anyone that is a special? how do they feel about it?
Old 15-05-2006, 07:49   #2
mez
God Member

Re: being a special...

my dad was a "special" when i was at school back in the 1950's he seemed to enjoy it, it did embarrass me though when we both did the old sacred heart walks ... i was quite proud of him though ...... i think its a lot more demanding these days mani, good luck.
Old 15-05-2006, 15:29   #3
I am Banned

if you gota thick skin then go for it but if you dont like been called names and spat at then i would stay away from the job
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 15:36   #4
Senior Member+

chav - i'm already gettin that as it is!!

i'm a part time doorman in manc
Old 15-05-2006, 15:42   #5
Senior Member+

oh well that puts that to plan

despite me workin in manc i'm not allowed to apply as its a conflict of interest and i mite take my powers with me to work

hmmm i wonder if i can have the optic blast power.. or maybe pheonix force!

so now i've gotta change my job and then re-apply...
Old 15-05-2006, 15:44   #6
I am Banned

tell them you want to work in accrington

we are just as capable of spitting at you as anyone in manchester is

give us a chance to prove ourselves
Old 15-05-2006, 17:07   #7
Senior Member+

*sigh* i'm sorry but its just somethign else when a manc does it and u punch them back

there's a hidden delight in doin that to a manc. esp when they're really a londoner.
Old 19-05-2006, 14:56   #8
I am Banned

my mummy says iem already special

so do my friends but i think they mean special needs
Old 19-05-2006, 16:53   #9
Senior Member+

*L* ur that special lil boy in every priests life right?
Old 19-05-2006, 16:54   #10
Senior Member+

ooooooooooh how spooky is that i make a thread mentioning priests and the post number by coincidence reaches 666

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..