Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2007, 23:19   #1

Exclamation Im looking for work

Hi. Im 19 and am really in need of a job. I have a lot of experience in warehouse and factory work, so anything along those lines would be considered. But i would really like to get into bar work (i have no previous experience so would need training but i am very quick at learning). so if anyone knows of any vacancies in a pub or club please let me know. Any work considered though, any hours, but its important the job is local and pays atleast the NMW. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-08-2007, 23:44   #2
God Member

Re: Im looking for work

Can't be of any help at the moment, but will keep my ear to the ground for you. Good Luck.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:43   #3
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

at least ya looking for work, not like some 19yr olds i know who cant be bothered, good luck, try Jobcentre Plus
Old 01-09-2007, 14:05   #4

I go in the jobcentre everyday lol. And im on there website on days when its not open. I have applied for alsorts of jobs and signed up to loads of agencies but never seem to get jobs that last more than a month, and id prefer to have a permanent job as i have a 6month old little lad and as anyone will tell you kids cost a fortune these days.
Old 01-09-2007, 21:07   #5
God Member

Forget Job centre, go round every pub/restaurant in the area and leave your name/addy, you WILL get work from it as they will be impressed by your get up and go for it attitude.

Good luck, I REALLY hope you get get something soon and if I hear something I will PM you.( I have a lot of respect for people who want to work as opposed to sitting on their arses on benefits!)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 21:49   #6

I have been on jobseekers for less than a month and its annoying the hell out of me. (If i didnt have my little lad to look after or my phone contract to pay for i wouldnt have even signed on). I know people who have been on jobseekers for over a year and have no intention of getting a job they would rather sit at home watching tv, but id much rather earn money than getting it given to me for nothing, i enjoy buying things knowing that it was my hard work that got it me. Thank you for all the support, its a great confidence boost.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:07   #7

Just realised i forgot to mention my qualifications lol. I have the following; level 1 adult numeracy, level 1 adult literacy, and an entry level in motor vehicle maintenance and repair (no proof of last one as i never got round to collecting the certificate). All of these were achieved at blackburn college, and i would have done more but had to leave when i found out my girlfriend was pregnant.
Old 04-09-2007, 22:48   #8

Woohoo...got an interview. Didnt even apply for the job and got asked to attend an interview lol. Went into sayers a few weeks ago to enquire about any possible vacancies and was told there was nothing at the time, went in today for a sandwhich and the guy recognised me and asked me if i still wanted the job so i said yes and he arranged for an interview on friday. Its not the ideal job i want but its a step into the food and drink industry, which will hopefully be a bonus if i apply for bar work.
Old 04-09-2007, 23:29   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

nice one speedy, good on yer mate.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:10   #10
God Member

Good Luck Speedy as you say it's a step in the right direction
Old 05-09-2007, 13:36   #11
Beacon of light

Good Luck Speedy....and as for the certificates, contact Blackburn College, you may still be able to get hold of the certificates you were awarded.

Some employers may want proof of the courses that you have done.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:52   #12

Good luck Speedy......it may be a good idea to do the basic food hygiene certificate if you want to get into bar work. I'm sure that the JC+ can organise this for you.
nicola68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 19:25   #13

Had my interview today. It went really well. I didnt get the position i was hoping for (this went to a girl with more experience than me) however he did offer me a saturday job with the potential for it to include more days if they become available. So i now have a saturday job. Which potentially leaves me free to do another job during the week. So despite not getting what i was hoping for it worked out ok in the end.
Old 07-09-2007, 19:53   #14
Give, give, give member

It's a toe in the door, and that's what counts.

Good luck with it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 22:58   #15

Even though i technically dont start till saturday, i got a phone call this morning asking if i will go in tomorrow to start my training. Really looking forward to it and hopefully will enjoy it, seems like a good bunch of people who work there so i cant really see any problems.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..