Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2005, 18:35   #1

Smile Law Firms?

Hi
I'm 17 years old and studying Law at college, about to start A2 year.
I'm planning on studying Law at university too and wondered if there was any law firms in Accrington that would consider taking me on for a week or so to gain some work experience for my personal statement?

Thanks,
Michelle
Old 29-06-2005, 06:15   #2
I am Banned

Re: Law Firms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelle
Hi
I'm 17 years old and studying Law at college, about to start A2 year.
I'm planning on studying Law at university too and wondered if there was any law firms in Accrington that would consider taking me on for a week or so to gain some work experience for my personal statement?

Thanks,
Michelle
not all that wander are on a removal.
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 07:52   #3
Resident Waffler

You might be better off approaching them individually with your request.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 13:54   #4
Resting in peace

Write to each firm, setting out clearly what you want, what experience you have, and what you hope to achieve. Be honest about your capabilities, don't overstate what you can do. Say how long a time you have available (you may not want to work all your vac). It's a toss up whether you would be better in a big firm where there are several departments, or a small firm which will do a bit of everything. Just make sure that you don't pick one where they have little or no work! Are you hoping to be a solicitor or a barrister? - There are four sets of barristers' chambers in Preston. and loads in Manchester. One of the larger firms in Manchester might be willing to take you on for work experience. There are also some decent solicitors in Blackburn.

Do you know anybody in the law locally who might be able to put in a word for you? If you are interested in working in a barristers' chambers rather than a solicitors' office, pm me, and I will give you details of the Preston ones, and perhaps some of the Manchester ones if you are interested.

My other half worked in a local solicitors in Redditch before going to uni, and it stood him in good stead. He would, I'm sure, be happy to give you any advice he can. PM me, and we can arrange it.

Good luck!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..