Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2008, 19:06   #1

Lots of vacancies....anyone interested?

Been asked by one of my bosses at work to find him some more staff. So anyone looking for full time work? The hours are 8-5 monday to thursday with an early finish on friday (half 2). The work is basic production line stuff and to put it bluntly is so easy a monkey could do it, similar experience is prefered but training is given (unless your working with me, i dont really know what im doing so i cant help lol). The wage is 5.57ph with overtime available. The warehouse is in haslingden and is easy to get there even using public transport. Its a very lively place to work and all the staff are a good laugh. Anyone interested let me know and ill pm you details of how to apply.
Old 18-03-2008, 19:29   #2
God Member

Re: Lots of vacancies....anyone interested?

whats the company called? what does it involve? people may be a bit more interested if they knew what it was for just a suggestion
Old 18-03-2008, 19:46   #3

Sorry half asleep knew id miss something out lol. The company is called texecom, and the job is assembling burgular alarms and smoke alarms (a lot easier than what it sounds honestly) most of it is just plugging a wire in or sticking a sticker on its easy but does get boring very quickly. Not really sure what else to say about the job as i spend most of my time wandering round chatting up the ladies (unless any of my bosses read this in which case i work very hard and deserve a pay rise). Any more questions feel free to ask.
Old 18-03-2008, 20:56   #4
I am Banned

OMG i worked for texecom once- on my first day i had to wear a band to stop the horrible static electric shocks - we werent allowed to talk and we were sat in the same place all day,putting two chips into a board and passing it on -
needless to say i went for my dinner on the second day and extended it over several years

but you work there so maybe you can say if it has changed
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008, 21:36   #5

Yeah its changed quite a bit. We aint allowed to sit down (unless medical reasons state otherwise). Its very laid back but i suppose it depends which section you work in, the bit im on is more like a local pub, everyone knows everyone and we all have a laugh. They dont mind talking aslong as its not stopping anyone from working (dunno how it could stop us, we never started lol). Like i said in one of my posts up there, it is easy but it is boring, just depends if you can put up with it or not. To be honest if i hadnt become good mates with the people there i probably would have walked out by now. But it is an ok place to work, its obviously not the kind of place you would want to work till you retire but its better than signing on.
Old 19-03-2008, 03:27   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

As a user of texecom products I am not sure I like the sound of it being "very laid back". I was under the impression you made a quality product with up to 10 year warrenty on many items. I hope this laid back attitude to work does not impact on the quality of the end product.
Old 19-03-2008, 04:18   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
As a user of texecom products I am not sure I like the sound of it being "very laid back". I was under the impression you made a quality product with up to 10 year warrenty on many items. I hope this laid back attitude to work does not impact on the quality of the end product.
I think by laid back he means not strict on talking to each other. I'm sure they are still strict on quality control.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 04:42   #8
God Member

sounds like you are working on the Google campus
100 Best Companies to Work For 2007: Google snapshot | FORTUNE

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 06:35   #9

Yeah the attitude to quality control is unreal, always unpacking and repacking systems to double check everything is fitted correctly. Since i started there a few months back they have made even more changes to prevent mistakes leaving the factory.
Old 19-03-2008, 08:21   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
always unpacking and repacking systems to double check everything is fitted correctly.
I would have expected they would be striving towards a "right first time" policy with operator verifiers and all the other modern quality control techniques out there. unpacking and repacking does not sound very efficient. Maybe they need to hire a quality control consultant. Maybe I will get in touch with them and offer my services.
Old 19-03-2008, 10:05   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Been asked by one of my bosses at work to find him some more staff. So anyone looking for full time work? The hours are 8-5 monday to thursday with an early finish on friday (half 2). The work is basic production line stuff and to put it bluntly is so easy a monkey could do it, similar experience is prefered but training is given (unless your working with me, i dont really know what im doing so i cant help lol). The wage is 5.57ph with overtime available. The warehouse is in haslingden and is easy to get there even using public transport. Its a very lively place to work and all the staff are a good laugh. Anyone interested let me know and ill pm you details of how to apply.
If you pay peanuts you get monkeys
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 12:12   #12

Anyone started recently or got a start date? Noticed a few new faces around and wondered if it was anyone off here.
Old 27-03-2008, 12:27   #13

Ermm, its it just me thats thinking the poor bloke has tried to do a favour by letting people know theres jobs going at this place, and instead has held himself responsible for quality control and HR issues?????

I'll say thanks for posting Speedy lol x
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 20:42   #14
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Noticed a few new faces around
They wouldn't be Eastern European faces by any chance?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 23:10   #15

To be honest mate most the people who work there are english. There is the odd person from other countries but they all speak decent english and fit in well, and a few that were there when i started have now left to go to other jobs. But good luck to anyone who applys, and if you get a start date let me know and ill be on the look out for you.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..