Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2005, 03:10   #1

nanny wanted

I have friends that are looking for a nanny share. basically they wanted to sponser somebody to start jan 2006 at the latest. both families are friends of mine. The nanny would live at one house and do her thing from there only, the other family would be dropping off thier kids. 4 kids altogether ages from 10-1 year. 1 already at school,2 will start school next year part time. accomodation included. driving licience needed. We live in the same neighbourhood and also would be here as an extra place to 'hang out'. just send me an Im if your interested and we'll take it from there
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-08-2005, 21:49   #2
I am Banned

Re: nanny wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemo
I have friends that are looking for a nanny share. basically they wanted to sponser somebody to start jan 2006 at the latest. both families are friends of mine. The nanny would live at one house and do her thing from there only, the other family would be dropping off thier kids. 4 kids altogether ages from 10-1 year. 1 already at school,2 will start school next year part time. accomodation included. driving licience needed. We live in the same neighbourhood and also would be here as an extra place to 'hang out'. just send me an Im if your interested and we'll take it from there
sounds like cheap slave labour. someone who is new to this country, no friends, no money.desperate for work.
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:45   #3
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by removal-man
sounds like cheap slave labour. someone who is new to this country, no friends, no money.desperate for work.
Or a great way for someone to see and work legally in Canada.

littlemo didn't mention how much money is being offered.

Don't be so negative removal-man. I remember not so long ago you were on here looking for a young lad to help you, the money offered then was hardly mind boggling.

Last edited by garinda; 12-08-2005 at 08:46.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:09   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Don't quote me on this because I'm sure that Littlemo will set us straight, but I think that being a nanny is how Littlemo got started up in Canada when she was about 18. It's a great way to work in a foreign country legally. It is difficult to get into Canada to live, as they will only accept certain qualifications etc. So to have a sponsor will cut down on a lot of red tape. You have food and a place to live, in some homes you even have access to a car. Plus you have a family to watch out for you while you are in a strange country. What better way could there be.....

However Littlemo ended up in Canada, she looks good on it. I saw her earlier this year on a flying visit, and if you do read this Littlemo.......... I still intend to come for a holiday for our 40ths in a couple of years time...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:05   #5
Beacon of light

If I were a young person, I would do it in a flash.......good way to see the world, and if you prove to be good at your job then the sky is the limit.
All experiences are what you make them.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 14:40   #6
I am Banned

i would jump at the chance but i cant drive?
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 15:00   #7
Member.

I have close family friends that went out to Canada back in the eighties. They have made themselves a fantastic life out there, they have good jobs, a very large beautiful home and both have a 4x4. Now’t special when they went, just a young couple with a couple of kids that lived over Broad oak way. The way things are in this country I would encourage anyone thinking about to go. Give yourself a chance to make a life for yourself. You can always come back if it doesn’t suit.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 16:22   #8
Resting in Peace

Anne would love to do it its her dream job but she cant drive the only driving she can do is me up the wall
but she has all the qualifications as a senior care nurse .and is willing to take more exams.
and i am quite willing to move with here as long as i can still look after accyweb which I love doing

Last edited by Mick; 12-08-2005 at 16:24.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 19:28   #9
Beacon of light

She should learn to drive Mick......rocket science it aint..........
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2005, 15:03   #10

YUp! your all absolutly right! I Came out here as a nanny, didn't know a soul but immediatly had a job inc room and board and a car and all the money I made was mine! it really is a good way to travel. It is considered slave labour when he nanny is working 7 days a week about 15 hours a day but its all regulated over here. A live out nanny makes about $500 a week( about 250 pounds) a live in nanny comes away with less but then has no outgoing expenses and usually has use of the family car. The other thing we're saying is that we're here as a break on the weekends if they want a change of scenery, so its a bit of piece of mind! I used to just spend my weekend down the pub with all the other nannies as a get away, so that of course is also a good alternative lol!
Old 17-08-2005, 14:02   #11
Give, give, give member

Thanks for that lil' mo- hardly slave labour, infact it sounds fab.

Now where is my Mary Poppins outfit?

Old 17-08-2005, 22:07   #12

look at my picture! i'm wearing it!!!!
Old 18-08-2005, 12:22   #13
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemo
look at my picture! i'm wearing it!!!!
So l see!

Old 20-08-2005, 00:41   #14
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Thanks for that lil' mo- hardly slave labour, infact it sounds fab.

Now where is my Mary Poppins outfit?
GARINDA YOU DONT HAVE TO BE A WOMAN TO LOOK AFTER KIDS THESE DAYS! you just need an owd fashioned upbringing?Yes please, no thank you, would you like a seat, good old fashion manners will get you far in this day and age.Plus you know the kids have been taught the essentials in life, treat others how one expects to be treated!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2005, 12:46   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
GARINDA YOU DONT HAVE TO BE A WOMAN TO LOOK AFTER KIDS THESE DAYS! you just need an owd fashioned upbringing?Yes please, no thank you, would you like a seat, good old fashion manners will get you far in this day and age.Plus you know the kids have been taught the essentials in life, treat others how one expects to be treated!
Quite agree Staggers, I bug the hell out of my nephew and neice about good manners,[and I won't stop till they've taught me some!]

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..