Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-12-2007, 21:01   #1

New year - new job.

Just a quick post this one. I really desperatly need a job. Anything considered but must be local. Applied for army just need something to be doing until i hear back from them. So if anyone can recommend anywhere that has jobs or any agencys worth checking out please let me know. Thanks. Ps dont say check Jobcentre website as i have already been on and there is nothing suitable.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:44   #2

Re: New year - new job.

i work for driver hire agency abbey street, they are good to work for. you can choose how many days a week you work and is good for temp work.
bobthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 13:01   #3

Never actually tried there. Do you need to have driving licence to work there or do they have non-driving jobs aswell? Thanks.
Old 01-01-2008, 13:05   #4

its not just driving work, factory,second man on van, alsorts worth a try i have been there four months and i lik it.
Old 01-01-2008, 13:44   #5

Ok thanks mate. Never bothered with them before because i just assumed it was all driving work (which i would love to do but dont have my licence yet). Thanks again mate. Will go in and see what they can do for me.
Old 02-01-2008, 14:18   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

what happened to the cake shop speedy?
Old 02-01-2008, 20:25   #7

Decided it wasnt what i wanted to do, plus i wasnt making enough money working part time. So when i got offered a 40hour a week warehouse job i took it (was told it was temporary for 2months, ending up being just 2days). So i applied for the army last week and just need something to see me over financially until i hear back from the army.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:32   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Decided it wasnt what i wanted to do, plus i wasnt making enough money working part time. So when i got offered a 40hour a week warehouse job i took it (was told it was temporary for 2months, ending up being just 2days). So i applied for the army last week and just need something to see me over financially until i hear back from the army.
thats a bitch, its typical of what some firms do, especially at this time of the year hope everything works out for you.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:39   #9

Driver hire : Welcome to Driver Hire :
01254 351177

ask for ian or dan
Old 04-01-2008, 13:13   #10

hiya have you tried tesco ?? there always wanting staff esp in the wearhouse, ive just been taken on perm after doing a 10 wk temp contract with them, its werth a try,
good luck tho xx emm
howarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 21:52   #11

Thanks. Tried ringing driver hire today and couldnt get through, always either engaged or didnt ring atall will try again tomorrow. Which agency do you goto to get on with tesco or do you just go direct to them? Thanks for the advice.
Old 06-01-2008, 22:27   #12

hiya alls i did is went in and got an application form, handed it back in to blackburn and burnley, got an interview for burnley, 3 weeks later started my induction training, and im now permanant !! and then blackburn rang mwe a few weeka ago offering me an interview lol, good luck hope you get sorted soon x
howarth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..