Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2006, 18:13   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: What franchise would run well in Accrington/local area?

There's already one of those eBay shops - on Bank Street.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-12-2006, 18:07   #17
I am Banned

A guy on my street sells personal attack alarms for 5 pounds and recently due to the goings on in ipswich he as sold loads of them. Could be something to look into as in cheaper personal secruity.
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 19:24   #18

Quote:
A guy on my street sells personal attack alarms for 5 pounds and recently due to the goings on in ipswich he as sold loads of them. Could be something to look into as in cheaper personal secruity.
Thats a good idea. My dughter does a paper round i she takes with her an alarm. Especially in todays society,people are really concerned about personal safety.

Quote:
u know there's a tragic loss of good children clothing - adams and next seems to b all there is... but the problem is there's alot of regulation and safety - rightly so - around children so its quite hard to get ideas off the ground...
Theres ****** all places to buy decent kids clothes from. Ones that dont fall apart after two weeks! And that are for ages 3-14.

Once you know the regulations,its just a matter of adhereing to them, it can be done. Also, if you dont look after children for more than two hours,the rules arent the same.Thats why the kids clubs at the sports centre only last 1 hour 55 mins, the staff needn't be qualified.
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2006, 12:27   #19
I am Banned

Spoke to him today just to get some figures...
price to make the alarms including componants is £1.28p each so its over 200% profit and everyone wants loved ones to be safe as possible. They wont make you safe but they do make you safer so for 5 pounds i think its more than worth it and after hearing one go off i can tell you they bloody work lol.
Old 28-12-2006, 20:47   #20
Senior Member+

hmm as i dont live in accy anymore im not sure of what there is now,but up here everything sells from pizza to beer,but theres a new thing going on in the night clubs and pubs its a vending machine that sells womens and mens fragrances and is doing very well,i dont know if they have any in accy or bburn but you could try a makeup vend machine or perfume just an idea,
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2006, 20:48   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadah View Post

they sell them in tesco for £3.99
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2006, 19:25   #22
I am Banned

A good investment i think for people. A couple of quid for a little more safety is a good thing i think.
Old 30-12-2006, 23:32   #23

Try a B&B, I certainly need one most nights I am out.
Old 31-12-2006, 05:44   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
yep, a great idea . A local 'American' style motel, not a Blackpool style boarding house , for out of town visitors, the only decent place I know is the Dunkanhalgh (sp?), and the place on Yew Tree drive in B,Burn , has to have decent off street secure parking and provide a decent breakfast , think you would be surprised at the number of overseas living locals who visit Hyndburn to visit family and renew links and end up sleeping on bed settees in somebodies front room because of a lack of hotel space in the area.
There has to be space available along the Blackburn Rd./Lonsdale st clearance area , thinking about it .....the Church wharf/Commercial pub area is an ideal place for such a development

Mani, and when you make your first million , remember where you got the idea from

Last edited by steeljack; 31-12-2006 at 05:47. Reason: addendum
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 10:32   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
i,m with that idea theres virtually nothing now.
Old 31-12-2006, 11:26   #26
Give, give, give member

Spearmint Rhinos.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 20:17   #27
I am Banned

Id never be out of there.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:39   #28
Senior Member+

garinda - i'd b my own best customer

:$ hotel is a decent concept.
Old 02-01-2007, 16:00   #29

Burger King? Both KFC and McDonalds seem to do very well in Accy?
KarenFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 16:45   #30
God Member

Don't know if it has been mentioned but I reckon an indie/vintage clothing shop of some description would thrive around here.
There's only Burton & Officers Club for the lads (not sure about girls - not into that kind of thing ) and they both sell the same kind of stuff.
Just take Pop boutique in Manchester for example.
Small place with a cafe downstairs. Brilliant place.
Pop Boutique
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..