Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   3D Panoramic Pics (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/3d-panoramic-pics-61189.html)

susie123 07-05-2012 10:06

Re: 3D Panoramic Pics

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 990133)
I cant match the exotic locations of late, but here are my set for the day;

1. Leeds Liverpool, left, Riley's swing bridge, right, Clayton.
The rest chart Hyndburn Brook as it travels through Dunkenhalgh land from the edge of Church, toward the edge of Rishton

I see the swan's giving your Bob a wide berth! Love to know what sort of dog he is - not easy to make out from the photo!

mobertol 07-05-2012 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 990133)
I cant match the exotic locations of late, but here are my set for the day;

1. Leeds Liverpool, left, Riley's swing bridge, right, Clayton.
The rest chart Hyndburn Brook as it travels through Dunkenhalgh land from the edge of Church, toward the edge of Rishton

That's where i used to play out as a girl Dave. Down past Jackson's farm and to the bunkers and swing bridge! Didn't know it was Riley's swing bridge -that's a useful detail to me for a story I'm writing Thanks!

mobertol 07-05-2012 12:08

Of the second set of "Restless" photos -i love number five looking back along the railings towards the tower. Was there a few weeks ago to see where my Gt Grandmother ran a guest house in WW1 -it's still there, parallel to the promenade just about opposite Central pier!

mobertol 07-05-2012 12:09

From all DiG's photos I would really love to go back to Scotland -have never visited the islands -only Edinburgh and a place on the Clyde.

davemac 07-05-2012 12:53

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 990257)
That's where i used to play out as a girl Dave. Down past Jackson's farm and to the bunkers and swing bridge! Didn't know it was Riley's swing bridge -that's a useful detail to me for a story I'm writing Thanks!

Attached is a picture of the Swing bridge, please use if you want, if you require photos around the area let me know. Not much left of the bunkers as I can see from the towpath, just mounds of grassed areas.

davemac 07-05-2012 12:59

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 990216)
I see the swan's giving your Bob a wide berth! Love to know what sort of dog he is - not easy to make out from the photo!

Usually its the other way around, they try to give him a peck on the hooter.
He's a cockerpoo, cocker spaniel, poodle cross, lovely temperament.

He's usually cocker but mostly poo

susie123 07-05-2012 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 990270)
Usually its the other way around, they try to give him a peck on the hooter.
He's a cockerpoo, cocker spaniel, poodle cross, lovely temperament.

He's usually cocker but mostly poo

Aww I want him! Make a lovely hearthrug!

I could see he was part poodle, wasn't sure about the other bit(s).

mobertol 07-05-2012 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 990269)
Attached is a picture of the Swing bridge, please use if you want, if you require photos around the area let me know. Not much left of the bunkers as I can see from the towpath, just mounds of grassed areas.

Nice picture - thanks. Walked down there the time but last I was over -took a sandwich and a drink to eat on a drizzly day and it was so disappointing and dismal. It seemed magical as a place when we were kids. We used to spend hours playing out, making dens, picking wild-flowers etc. I grew up nearby on Cranbourne Drive and my Grandad used to play there many years before as he grew up on Rock Mount (Whalley Road).

I expect the bunkers would be dangerous now. I seem to remember one summer when the canal was really low that you could see the foundations of some buildings under the water near the bridge...

davemac 07-05-2012 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 990273)
Nice picture - thanks. Walked down there the time but last I was over -took a sandwich and a drink to eat on a drizzly day and it was so disappointing and dismal. It seemed magical as a place when we were kids. We used to spend hours playing out, making dens, picking wild-flowers etc. I grew up nearby on Cranbourne Drive and my Grandad used to play there many years before as he grew up on Rock Mount (Whalley Road).

I expect the bunkers would be dangerous now. I seem to remember one summer when the canal was really low that you could see the foundations of some buildings under the water near the bridge...

I know what you mean, I recently walked around priestly clough, a place I used to spend more time in than at home. It was smaller, dirtier, and very disappointing. The buildings had gone, the reservoir filled in, and footpaths were no longer tarmac.
Thats what happens if you look for the places you knew.

davemac 07-05-2012 15:39

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 990272)
Aww I want him! Make a lovely hearthrug!

I could see he was part poodle, wasn't sure about the other bit(s).

I'l tell him what you said, hes a bit of a camera tart, this was him this afternoon, Pendelton moor in the background.

susie123 07-05-2012 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 990284)
I'l tell him what you said, hes a bit of a camera tart, this was him this afternoon, Pendelton moor in the background.

What a poser!

davemac 07-05-2012 15:59

2 Attachment(s)
todays panaramics;
1.Left to right, Leeds Liverpool, in the distance Longridge Fell, to Pendleton Moor, then to Pendle Hill, and then Burnley Road to finish.
2. Moorfield Colliery memorial.

Margaret Pilkington 07-05-2012 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 990281)
I know what you mean, I recently walked around priestly clough, a place I used to spend more time in than at home. It was smaller, dirtier, and very disappointing. The buildings had gone, the reservoir filled in, and footpaths were no longer tarmac.
Thats what happens if you look for the places you knew.

Priestley Clough was my childhood playground too.....it was almost our backyard. We lived on Riley's Hill.(and Ma still does)
And yes you are right, it now looks very small and dejected...down at heel. Not the place where we fought indians, where we rescued adventurers from the cannibals, not the place where we wrestled man eating tigers.
We used to have expeditions up to the five arches.....rations were a penny hovis loaf and a bottle of spanish water.

What fine times we had.

Margaret Pilkington 07-05-2012 17:03

I'm really lagging behind here.......I have never tried to take panoramic shots.
Hmmm, must think about trying it when I am next on top of the Orme.
Some brilliant pictures on this thread. I'm quite envious.

davemac 07-05-2012 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 990301)
Priestley Clough was my childhood playground too.....it was almost our backyard. We lived on Riley's Hill.(and Ma still does)
And yes you are right, it now looks very small and dejected...down at heel. Not the place where we fought indians, where we rescued adventurers from the cannibals, not the place where we wrestled man eating tigers.
We used to have expeditions up to the five arches.....rations were a penny hovis loaf and a bottle of spanish water.

What fine times we had.

Just to top off the disappointment, five arches went donkeys years ago, and there is no trace of the pill box close to the donkey steps. I used to squeeze through one of the gun slits to play inside, I get a cold sweat when I remember that now.( I struggle to squeeze through a door frame now)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 990304)
I'm really lagging behind here.......I have never tried to take panoramic shots.
Hmmm, must think about trying it when I am next on top of the Orme.
Some brilliant pictures on this thread. I'm quite envious.

You must give it a go, the first panaramic shots I did are on this thread. It was the same for me, I saw some restless had done, and thought I have a doo dah on my camera for that, I gave it a bash and after a few for the delete button, the worlds my lobster.

You dont have to be in exotic locations either, I await in anticipation.